Am I lazy or not.

Discussion in 'Offtopic' started by MoSkeeter0311, Jun 15, 2008.

1. MoSkeeter0311

MoSkeeter0311 New Member

About a month ago I won a "Roomba" by Irobot in a church drawing. ($2 ticket) It is a robotic vacuum cleaner. It will clean up to 4 rooms and does a FANTASIC job and even goes back to it's home base and plugs itself back in to recharge. It cleans under furniture and even under the beds. You set the time for when you want it to start, it cleans and returns automatically to its base to recharge itself. It even has a voice that tells you when to empty the dirt bin or if the rollers get stuck. I've since bought another one for my other 4 rooms and even got one that cleans gutters automatically. Is this the heighth of laziness or not. If they only made one to dust!!!! :p :noidea:

2. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

I need one of those!!! I don't even put my vacuum away cuz I have to vacuum this crappy colored carpet everyday and sometimes twice :cool:

3. MoSkeeter0311

MoSkeeter0311 New Member

This thing is great! I don't know where it gets all the dirt from. I vacuumed (with my other vacuum)real good and shampooed my carpets when I got my first one to give it a fair trial. It picked up a bin full of dirt after doing all that. The pile in my carpet has got more fluffly now. The thing even adjusts to hardwood, tile or linoleum and sweeps my kitchen and hallways. They also make one that is for workshops that will pick up to a 1/2 nut or bolt. Go to their website and look. Just type in IRobot. The company also makes the robots used in Iraq by our military in bomb diffussal, survielence etc. Everyday these things take off at a pre-set time (by me) and vacuum and sweep my whole upstairs. (8 rooms)

4. J.C.

J.C. New Member

vacuum cleaner? what is this device of which you speak?......:noidea: :noidea: :D

5. pred8er

pred8er He who eats fuzzy animals

Robot vacuum......it's the decline of America! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :usa:

6. MoSkeeter0311

MoSkeeter0311 New Member

www.irobot.com

7. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

Hey Wheels it would be tha perfect fathers Day present
    it's not to late to go and git one.

8. Cordwood™

Cordwood™ Banned

:decision: ...not sure, the thing seems like an accident waiting to happen.:bowl:

Id like to see it in action tho...corners?...tight against the wall? ...and I want to see that thing go back home and plug itself in!

Nahhhhhh...I just looked at the price $400 bones. I like reg vacs that have the slim end to get the edges and go up walls to catch cobwebs.

:wave:

9. MoSkeeter0311

MoSkeeter0311 New Member

The roomba has a horizantal brush that goes against the wall and does a great job. As far as corners..It gets within about 2 inches of the acute angle of the corner. But I figure the fact that it gets under the couches,tables and beds makes up for that. Cobwebs...I still use my regular vacuum or my small portable shop vacuum that has a backpack feature. I paid $314 for the 2nd one off of HSN. And trust me....it does find it's way back to it's home base by itself. I just tried the gutter cleaning one this weekend. Worked as advertised. I have the whole back of my house on a slope and couldn't use an extension ladder causing me to get on the roof and lean down to clean. It's radio controlled and went down the gutters and clean them great.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2008
  10. Cordwood™

Cordwood™ Banned

Under tables and couches is real nice. I guess ive just watched to many movies...iRobot, Robocop, etc. Im just afraid the thing might turn on me...or even worse, chew up an oriental rug.

The gutter bot sounds good... Id also be interested in one that cuts grass. :noidea:

11. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

Husqvarna made one for a while and still might, that does your grass......:noidea:

12. Cordwood™

Cordwood™ Banned

Its gotta be a Roomba...

13. MoBowman

MoBowman Senior Member

If you could get it to bring you a beer, it might be worth owning one :lol: :peace:

14. thehairlessone!

thehairlessone! Senior Member

i always thought one of those would be neat

rick