Anchor?

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Wheely, Aug 25, 2007.

1. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

What do you people use as your anchor point? I was trying (unsuccessfully) to use my fingers touching a certain part of my cheek or ear. Tonight I started guiding my string to the side of my nose and the same spot on my lip. This seemed much easier and more consistant.

So, What exactly to you use for your anchor point?

2. HYTMANN

HYTMANN Senior Member

I guess it's just us right now, Wheels:wave: I shoot with a Stan-X 4 finger release, almost vertical, and anchor with my 2nd knuckle on my neck and my pinkie touching my earlobe. I have found that using the string on the nose causes my head to be further away from perpendicular to my line of sight than i can shoot comfortably wearing glasses.

3. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

W I put my thumb under my jaw and I ahve a kisser that tha boys dubbed tha sniffer that I put the tip of my nose on. I

I use a scoot itty bitty goose release.
    it is really a double ancor for me.

Hows that tp going>

4. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

I use a T handle release. First 2 knuckles on my jaw line to set up and down. Then to set my head I put the tip of my nose on the string and I can see straight through my peep. O yes when I let the rest of my hand lay flat on the side of my face. With these anchor points I can pick up any compound bow with no sights. and most of the time shoot a 4 to 5 inch groups at 20 yards just by feel. I said most of the time.

5. Jay Are

Jay Are Junior Member

The I have been using the string on the tip of my nose and I also make sure that the outside ring of my scope lines up with my peep. What I found is that the ring on the scope doesn't line up with the peep --- than there is something wrong (Bad Anchor point) :noidea:

6. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

tip of the nose on the string!!

7. Gator eye

Gator eye Guest

My anchor points are about the same as QSA's

8. pilot

pilot Senior Member

With a wrist release.....I put the big knuckle of my index finger right in the little pocket under my ear lobe, right where it attaches to my head.

9. bfisher

bfisher Senior Member

I set the draw length of my bows so that my arrow's nock is vertically straight down from me eye. In doing so my string touches the tip of my nose and the string touches my lips just to right of center. I adjust my peep from that so I am looking through the center of it. To accomplish all this I pick fairly certain A2A bows and tweak the draw length to the last 1/8".

These are my anchor points. I use a T handle, Cascade model 8 release (rope). and where my hand extends to is where it is. I DO NOT adjust the bow so my hand and /or knuckles touch a certain spot.

Target, 3D, or hunting, all my bows are set up the same way. The main difference between them is brace height (taller for hunting) and the weight of the arrow used.

10. J.C.

J.C. New Member

me, too :wave:

11. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

Smokes!

And dont forget!
    He has to listen to his Bluetooth before he releases the arrow!:laugh:

12. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Ditto............

13. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

I am going to act like B. There mine all mine (post count)

14. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Index finger knuckle under ear lobe. String to nose.