Another string dampener

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by swede, Jun 9, 2008.

1. swede

swede New Member

hey all!
    I just got the new Airborne 82
    And was wondering if i could put on another string dampener (STS, stringtamer)
    Would i get any advantages?
    Well if not...it would just look really cool:p

2. pred8er

pred8er He who eats fuzzy animals

First :welcome: :welcome:

I don't think you'll see any benifit from adding another stopper to your bow. The 82nd has the built in string stop almost in the center of the string so I don't know if adding another would affect the bows tuning. I'm sure someone will correct me if I am wrong. Good luck and again, welcome to the site!

3. Elite4areason

Elite4areason New Member

I think you are correct, I think Bowtech(Not a fan) has a good thing going having that string supressor pretty much center of riser. To me that should be the most effective spot.

4. TEN RING

TEN RING ONE SHOT ONE KILL

It's quiet enough with one why add extra weight to the bow or put more money in it

5. Dooby

Dooby Scooby Dooby Doo!

I've seen high speed videos of string deflection with multiple suppressors and one at various locations. The "ideal" location would be aligned with the nock....except that the nock and arrow are there.

The 82nd seems to be just about as close as you could get it to the middle without hitting something useful. I suppose you could shoehorn one in an equal distance to the bottom of the nock if you wanted...to make it symmetric, but I'd guess the benefits would be marginal, at best.

6. CSS Shooter

CSS Shooter Senior Member

I do know people that have replaced the horseshoe style head with the string tamer head. They said that the string sometimes hits the bowtech head on the sides inside of the dampner first before it travled the rest of the way into the suppresor. The Bows shoot really great with the tamer head in place. Hope this helps.

7. Hook Em

Hook Em Slippy for President

ditto...most people I know that have them strip the lousy bowtech stopper off there and put on an after-market stopper.

8. swede

swede New Member

Thanks for the info guys!
    I'll guess that i will keep the original dampener on, and not add another:wave: