Anyone chew and hunt/Shoot?

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by VE6WTF, Oct 9, 2007.

1. VE6WTF

VE6WTF Senior Member

Anybody pack a lip while there out shooting, or hunting?

2. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

3. VE6WTF

VE6WTF Senior Member

Dunno what it is, but it just helps me focus a whole lot better

4. chelleo

chelleo Senior Member

Hmm chew....and then that spit stuff...wouldn't the Bambi's smell that? I'd chew food but not tabacky....:laugh:

5. VE6WTF

VE6WTF Senior Member

I dont know if it really gets the deer,

6. Gator eye

Gator eye Guest

I did for years and years...

Happy to say that I am tobbacco free for two years now.

7. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

Heck I cant kill a thing unless I'm chewing some Kodiak! hunting,fishing, spots, 3d, tv, 4wheeling, football...

8. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

thats funny you say that. i killed to does about 5 years ago under my tree that was eating the leaves I was spitting on...

9. Carphunter

Carphunter Junior Member

all the years I chewed Kodiak...that never bothered deer... loud spitting...ya sometimes they heard that. (and funny as hell when your bud thinks he lifted his face net high enough to spit...but didn't quite make 'er.

Smoking was similar... never had a deer bust me for scent of cigarette smoke. (they did bust me for movement while smoking, though). My brother and I called cigarettes deer calls because you knew when you lit one and were not really ready to operate your gun or bow that you'd see Bambi wander in :)

10. scottg

scottg Huntin Junkie

I always have my lip packed, but I don't spit, so no bother with the face net.

11. 'SIN'ERGY

'SIN'ERGY Senior Member

What are you guys gonna use to feel your kisser in 20 years when your lips fall off from that stuff???????:noidea:

12. STRO

STRO get'n rid of target panic

I have always chewed when hunting. I too have had deer come up and lick either the base of the tree or the leaves of where I was spitting. I really don't think it bothers them. They are curious as to what it is but not spooked by it. At least that is what I have observed. I need something to calm me down.

13. MoSkeeter0311

MoSkeeter0311 New Member

I started chewing in 1966 while overseas. (it was extremely unhealthy to light a cigarette at nite). Quit in 2002 because my gums were so bad that now I have all false teeth. But I always chewed when I hunted deer. (never spit), and it never seem to bother them. Chewed Skoal Straight and I always figure it over powered my humans breathe.

14. chelleo

chelleo Senior Member

How bought some deep breathing...you know some nice Zen breaths. That's what I do when I'm shooting, helps alot.

15. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

I quit about 3 months ago. I also had deer come right under my stand sniffing the spit.

What on earth is a Zen breath??? :laugh:

Is that like taking a deep breath except for having a joint between your lips???:biggrin1:

16. STRO

STRO get'n rid of target panic

Listen to you, "take a deep breath" It's so easy to say when you don't have a 140 class ten yards away, is hot on a doe and is beating the crap out of any brush around him. Then you rush the shot and miss low. I should have just taken a deep breath. Kind of like trying to get rid of my target panic. All you have to do is put that little pin on that tiny dot and squeeze the trigger. Sure sounds easy. :frusty: :frusty:

17. Maybee-R

Maybee-R Member

Have the bad habit myself. never been busted by deer that I know of. never lost a tooth from it either.

18. VE6WTF

VE6WTF Senior Member

Yeah I have been chewing for about three months.
    REALLY helps me calm down, Never had Kodiac though, up here in Canada is Skoal or Cope..

I usually go for the cope long. <3 the sandpaper :peace:

Mum isnt to crazy about it, but she figures I will keep my mouth shut and get in less trouble. only thing is since im underage I gotta get a three day scruff to buy the stuff.

It really helps me shoot, or at least I think.. and it aint bad when your in a stand or on the stalk.

Kyle,

19. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Good job Gator eye. I chewed for 20 years and have now been tobacco free for 5 years. Did'nt bother the deer at all..............it was the fella down the road that had his lower lip removed from cancer that bothered me. Life is too short. Please if you dip try to stop find something else for the nerves guys. :peace:

20. 'SIN'ERGY

'SIN'ERGY Senior Member

Good for you to have quit, that stuff will eventually tear your mouth up bad.

To say thast it helps you shoot is a terrible excuse to use something that will someday kill or disfigure you.... Life is too short find another vice.