APA Bows

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by jcmorgan31, Dec 9, 2007.

1. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

Anybody ever shot one of these babies???

They just released their '08 lineup and the bows look sweet!!! The riser's even have fangs!!!:rockon:

I'm still thinking of adding a 2nd line to the shop......:cool:

http://www.apaarchery.com/contact.html

2. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

I shot them a few at the ASA Gainesville shoot last year. A staff shooter was there and had the Anaconda. I really like that bow. Super fast and pretty darn quiet minimal vibration and pretty smooth to. I thought the Black Mamba X1 was ok as well as X2. Very harsh draw and alot of shock on the X1. I think the Anaconda is there best bow with a the Python close behind. The staffer was shooting an Anaconda. And he agree'd the Anaconda was there best all around bow. I liked that Anaconda alot........ sweet looking too...

3. jimposten

jimposten Senior Member

4. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

5. jimposten

jimposten Senior Member

Yes, and Yes:peace:

JIM

6. Pinwheel1969

What is it?? Looks pretty darn ugly......:tape: :laugh: :laugh:

7. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

So...how do they shoot?

8. Pinwheel1969

I seriously considered shooting an Anaconda for tourneys last year. Except they are in Canada and few dealers in the area. Though I've heard there customer service is great...

9. Cameron

Cameron Senior Member

If your asking for honest opionions, here it is.

There are much nicer fit/finish, and shootable bows. If you have a dealer close by to test drive them, great. That way you can decide for yourself and not have to play the "send it back in 30 days for a refund" game...:tape:

10. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

If I had a dealer close by......I wouldn't be looking at them to sell......:D

11. Cameron

Cameron Senior Member

I missed that part.. either way, shoot them first.

12. Jay Are

Jay Are Junior Member

Never seen anyone shoot one, nor have I ever shot one... but they kind of seem like the Swiss Army Knife of hunting bows. :noidea: :biggrin1:

13. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

Them's called features. Sucker has a knive sharpener, broadhead wrench, nock wrench, fangs to hang it by and does 355 fps!!!! All it needs is a bottle opener and an mp3 player....:peace:

14. Pinwheel1969

I like them. The handle is pretty cool too. got like a bow that has a bunch of help full features built in..

15. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

Last edited: Dec 9, 2007
  16. jimposten

jimposten Senior Member

Check back in the next couple weeks, they havent added thier new stabs to the accessories page yet. I just got them the artwork.:biggrin1:

JIM

17. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

5" brace on the mamba x1, yikes:doh: :noidea:
    Thats how you get the 355:frusty:

18. jimposten

jimposten Senior Member

You can do the same thing by putting 32" draw mods on the bow of your choice, and then putting a 2x4 for the grip to shorten it back up. Walla! You have a speed bow.

They just reflex the riser, so essentially the the arrow is on the string as if it was a 32" dl, but it pulls like a 30" dl.

JIM

19. mdewitt71

mdewitt71 Senior Member

Although the bows look neat, I am not spending $750+ on a bow and use it to sharpen a knife or hang from a tree linb by its "lil fang".

I guess everyone has to have a "Gimmick"....the two APA bows I have seen in the past had poor finish jobs; not as nice or as durable as I had hoped to them to be.

20. jimposten

jimposten Senior Member