Are you kidding me?!?!?!

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by brokenarrow, Nov 22, 2007.

1. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

What is this world turning into?????

Speedway sued after Putnam man burnt on gravy biscuit

11/9/2007 12:34 PM
    By-Kanawha Bureau
    CHARLESTON - A Putnam County man has filed a suit against a convenience store after he was burned when he bit into a gravy-filled breakfast biscuit sold at the store.

Bethel Owen Bias filed a suit Oct. 18 in Kanawha Circuit Court, against Speedway SuperAmerica LLC and EBY-Brown Company, LLC.

According to the suit, Bias went to the Speedway in Nitro on Sept. 3, 2007, and purchased a biscuit made by EBY.

"As per the instructions on the 7th Street Deli Stuffed Biscuit with Sausage Gravy container, Mr. Bias proceeded to microwave the biscuit for one minute in a microwave provided by Speedway," the suit says.

Bias removed the biscuit from the microwave after the minute, paid for it, then bit into it. However, the gravy "was extremely hot and burnt his lip and tongue," which injured Bias, the suit says.

Bias claims the gravy severely burned him and scarred his lip. According to the suit, Bias claims EBY was negligent in failing to warn that a cooling time must be observed before eating the biscuit.

In the seven-count suit, Bias seeks compensation for medical bills, court costs, damages for annoyance, inconvenience and aggravation, pain and suffering, and missed work, as well as permanent scarring.

Attorney D. Adrian Hoosier is representing Bias. The case has been assigned to Judge Tod Kaufman.

This is the second gravy-related lawsuit filed in the state in the last two months. In September, a Monroe County man has filed a suit in Berkeley Circuit Court against Bob Evans, seeking $5,000 after he has gravy spilled on his wrist.

Kanawha Circuit Court case number 07-C-2271

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

"In the seven-count suit, Bias seeks compensation for medical bills, court costs, damages for annoyance, inconvenience and aggravation, pain and suffering, and missed work, as well as permanent scarring. "

MISSED WORK AND PERMINANT SCARRING?????????????????????????????????????? :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound:

YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING ME..........

the judge should tell the guy........"your a moron and now you have to get fixed so that you dont reproduce"

3. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Exactly!!!!!!
    This is classic "LIBERAL" "I can't be respondsible for myself" STUPIDITY!!!

There was a movie a few years ago called "Idiocracy"...it's funny but alarmingly possible...this is what we are headed for...

4. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

If ya think ya Microwave a gravy biscuit for more than 3 minutes in a microwave and take a bite out of it and think it's the stores fault you got a burnt lip...........

Here's your sign

5. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

but it was only in there for a minute:noidea: :laugh: :laugh:

6. IAKSmith

IAKSmith Junior Member

Once again.............you can't fix stupid!!!

7. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

8. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

Probably was due to key bounce he should be sueing the microwave manufacturer...:peace:

9. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

sue someone................:laugh:

10. Scrotang

Scrotang Junior Member

one of my college professors used to say before a test "don't be looking on the paper next to you cause you never know who may be ate-up with the dumbass"

i thought that fit in here somewhere.

11. J.C.

J.C. New Member

One of my all-time favorite sayings. :lol: :lol:

12. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

This is society at work. People have won these cases for so long now everyone is looking for some easy money.

I agree this fella needs a visectomy in a hurry. Can you imagine what would happen if he were to get involved with a blonde???:laugh:

13. Radar

Radar Story of my life

Here is another bulls*** lawsuit. Come on people, just like the McDonalds hot coffee lawsuit, that lady should have been hit with a tack hammer because she is a moron. Coffee is HOT, you heat something up in a Microwave it is Gonna be HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For the love of pete my 4 yr. old neice knows that.:frusty: Just reinforces my severve dislike for the general public as a whole................IDIOTS. Its like when you are in a store and a little kid is running around rampant and the parent is not watching there kid and he runs into your cart and the parent looks at you like its your fault. I tell them if they were watching there kid it wouldnt of happened.(this has happened many times and when I say something I get looked at like I am the A**hole. But I just dont give a ****)............................Sorry dont mean to HiJack my venting got a little out of control.:wave:

14. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

I love idiots :)

BTW - The coffee suit w/ Mcdonalds was over-blown by the Media and most of the "facts" never became news worthy.

We studied it in school.

The issue with it was that the lid wasn't on the cup correctly when it was handed to her and the coffee is served at a significantly higher temp then it is supposed to be and there are MASSIVE numbers of reports previously of this happening.

The lady requested McDonalds pay for the medical bills which amounted to like a few thousand if that. McDonalds refused and told her to see them in court if she didn't like it...

so she did. The total amount of her winnings (something like 1 Million) was the total PROFIT that McDonalds makes off just their coffee in two days. They admitted at trial that because of serving their coffee hotter it causes serious burns that require skin grafts as opposed to 20 degrees less which just hurts like an SOB

http://lawandhelp.com/q298-2.htm

15. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

This guy is pretty dumb anyway...

the new cool thing to do is piss off a cop till you get Tazed and then sue the city. Works well and the police dept almost always settles :frusty:

16. IAKSmith

IAKSmith Junior Member

Going to clean up my smoker yesterday while it was still hot. :doh: Went to take the water pan out which I had lined with tin foil to make clean up easy. Some hot grease hit some hot dry foil and it blew up in my face. :censored: Lucky I wear glasses but did get some burns on my face. So who can I blame for being stupid? Got to be some money in it somewhere.

17. IAKSmith

IAKSmith Junior Member

Don't know what departments are paying out $$. We did allot of research here and found that not to be the case. Have been using them for over a year with no problems. Officer injuries are way down. Have allot on squad car video so when they find that out it is nothing they want a jury to see. Warn.......Warn.......Warn.........still being stupid........you get the 5 second ride. Only had a couple that wanted another shot of juice. It is getting to the point now that all you have to do is get it out and they decide they don't want to play anymore. :noidea: :noidea: :noidea: :noidea:

18. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

Was that a Jerky Boys reference????? :biggrin1:

19. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

:focus:........................

and no.........:peace:

20. bfisher

bfisher Senior Member

I think what's even more pathetic is that there are lawyers who will handle these stupid complaints made by stupid people. What's even more stupid is there are stupid juries that award large sums to the stupid plaintive.

I guess Forrest Gump was right "stupid is as stupid does"