are you one of those ?

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by upnorth, Sep 9, 2008.

1. upnorth

upnorth Junior Member

that when you shoot everything has to be the same all the same color fletches a bow that youve been shooting for some time because you have to get comfortable . or are you one of us that if you go hunting and a truck was to run over your bow case . you go to a archery shop set up a bow sight it in and never look back .
    had a 20 year old come in the other day to get ready for hunting that starts this week . he had a old compound that was handed down to him . wanted a new rest etc on it couldnt do much because there was hardly any sight window on it . he tried a new bow and was real impressed with it . but had to think about it . came back said he really liked the new bow . but it was a week before hunting season and he would have to get use to it before he hunted with it .i was wondering to myself get used to what he didnt shoot all summer and he only takes it out a few days before season .

2. hunter2678

hunter2678 New Member

Cause he's 20 that's why....:p

3. upnorth

upnorth Junior Member

i get the same thing with all age groups he was just the latest one .

4. hunter2678

hunter2678 New Member

LOL...I used to be that way a long time ago. I think because the equipment then was underwhelming and not nearly as fun to shoot like it is today. I personally want everything as consistant as possible..same color fletching...same arrows, release...etc. I always check my equipment frequently. I try and shoot everyday and its been paying huge dividends. When the season starts I'll have no doubts in my ability to make a great shot. All I can think about is getting out to shoot at my club with my buddies.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2008
  5. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

My favorite is when someone has a back up bow, that is completly different than the primary and they never shoot it, till its time to use it......IE when there primary breaks down, the night before bowseason......:doh:

and then wonder why they wound that monster buck.....:bored:

6. hunter2678

hunter2678 New Member

That too...!

7. Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot New Member

My favorite thing to do the week before season opens is just to hang around the bow shops and laugh at all the complete beginners trying to get in on the early seasons. I'm like..."not waiting till the last minute, eh?"

8. J.A.G.

J.A.G. Senior Member

i like all my stuff to match, and i use the same thing i have had for a while because i cant #1 I really cant afford to just go buy a new one.. and #2 there really isnt anything out there that can improve over what i have..

9. poorshot

poorshot Senior Member

Some people like to just scare them, or track them. When your young you can track for miles without getting tired.

10. swintj1

swintj1 Senior Member

I'm not sure about anyone else, but I bought my new Apex 7 a few weeks ago...and have been shooting that everyday since...and I just picked up my Hoyt and shot it for the first time yesterday in over 2 months...and I'll tell you...getting used to that Mathews really made it a shock to pull back my 67# Hoyt. The draw cycle is completely different between the A7 and the Vectrix, but that wasn't the real shock. The real shock was just in being used to pulling 53#, and then all the sudden pulling 67#...felt like pulling 30# more. :doh:

But, All this week I'm going to be pulling my Hoyt and getting used to that again so when that 8pt shows up in the next 2 weeks....he's mine!

11. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

so you like to help others, I guess.......

you must be a great ASSet to the shop owner......

you would last all of 30 seconds in any of the shops I have ever been in......

and if you ever said that to me.......I would make your shoulders eat your head.......

:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

12. fstgstdsmpay

fstgstdsmpay Adam of Archery Outfitter

Alot of our customers come in the last week before the season. I like the guys that come in the day before and want to buy a bow and cant shoot to begin with and expect to be stellar archers with it.

13. hoytultratec

hoytultratec aka SETTHEHOOK

im not one of them...funny thing is i go to the range a public park...and theres a couple of guys there with nice mathews and neither one could hit the broadside of the barn...ok they were paper plate guys at 20..so i put my bag target up the hill at 60 yards and start shooting keeping a decent group and the guy was like so impressed. i said dude you just gotta practice and he tells me this is the first time he shot this year and the season opens saturday..so i guess him and his buddy are one of those.

14. Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot New Member

I laugh to myself, and keep out of the way so as to not be ejected for loitering. I do lend what advice I can to the helpless hunters if the tech is answering an opinion question and the like.

15. Gator eye

Gator eye Guest

HEHEHEE sugar coated like fruit loops:dizzy: :bowl:

I admit...I got to have all the same color fletchings, strings, and bow,
    Ive used the same colors on my arrows for the last 25 years or so. I ve changed the equipment many times over but the colors always stay the same. I also couldn't buy a new bow the week before season and feel comfortable with it......not saying I wouldn't do it if old trusty broke down but I wouldn't like it.

16. TOOL

TOOL Junior Member

A companion of mine decided he'd like to try bow hunting this year. Never picked up a bow in his life. A couple months back we made plans for a bear hunt. I told how much he should practice etc. Time goes by. Still didn't get himself a bow. He finally says to me "Have you got one I could borrow?" Sure no problem. Time goes by and he still hasn't come out to practice at all. He calls me up about two weeks before we're supposed to go saying "you got me covered for equipment, right" Needless to say, he will not be going this year.

17. bullspotter

bullspotter Senior Member

Im not picky, my hunting arrows have 2 fletch scheems, some are 1 white with 2 flo yellow, and the others are 3 flo green, I really dont shoot my hunting bow much, a few weeks before season i break it out and make sure its up to par. Shoots good groups, tune is good and make sure all my pins are on. Its a hoyt trykon and i only hunt with it, When hunting season is over, the bow, arrows with broadheads ext go into storage and the vectrix xl comes back out till next season gets close. On my long hunting trips out of town the vectrix goes along as a backup, but will need to be setup and sighted in with my hunting arrows, Both bows have the same rest and sight.their is not a real larg change in shooting the 2 other then draw weight, a few times i have taken them both out and shot 1 then the other, they do feel differnt, but im able to switch back and fourth with no loss in my shooting. I do shoot mostly year around. Not sure if me breaking out my hunting stuff only a few weeks befor season make me a bad guy or not....:noidea:

18. RiverRob

RiverRob Green Mtn. bound

Im a sucker for having my bow all decked out.....just makes me want to shoot it that much more.....shoot in the basement/garage/indoor ranges in winter and alot during the summer. Bow hunt year round, small/big game ect. Bow has red and black marbled powder coated cams, red and black strings, red-black and green braided wrist sling, arrows are flecthed red and black with wraps. Chose red and black because the bowtech symbol colors. Wifes is similar, black and blue though, without the custom strings and cams. I know what some of you are talking about at the archery shops with people coming in last minute because they just picked up there bow to shoot it. My buddy that used to work at a shop that closed down opened his own and i swapped out arrows mid summer or so, told me to watch how when the season comes people will be packing in last minute trying to get this or that done and have to wait.

19. Robinhooder3

Robinhooder3 arrow splitting expert

I think that partialy comes from the recurve attitude of "well you have sights so anyone can do it."

20. red man

red man New Member

hay dont be chewing that age i am 19 an i shoot all most every day of the week if the girl friend dont have sum thing planed. but i took vacation of work to hunt this year and she has school so i am ready to kill