Arrow Malfunction

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by trussoni, Feb 18, 2008.

1. trussoni

trussoni Ninja Fighting Fool

Not exactly sure what happened here. First time I shot this arrow did not hit anything other than a target and it just came apart. Not sure if I should talk to the shop I bought the arrows from or not. I'm thinking this is not exactly safe...

2. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

You should probably let the shop know incase they have a bunch of bad ones :noidea:

3. clemenlp

clemenlp Diamond in the Rough

Gonna have to agree with the Mod here, that just isn't right.

4. Hoyt1986

Hoyt1986 GIT R-DONE!!!!!!

YEA u are lucky......you could have really been hurt on that one FOR SURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. lungcutter

lungcutter Senior Member

There used to be a pic floating around of a guy that had an arrow go through his hand. Check your arrows good before you shoot anymore.

Anyone still have that pic?

6. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

check the whole dozen, the package could have gone thru heck getting to the shop, and they might all do that:noidea:

7. MichiganHunter

MichiganHunter Senior Member

wow... that could have been bad!!

8. HCAman

HCAman New Member

Yep, Here ya go

9. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Gold Tip quality is going down the tubes quickly :frusty:

10. RxBowhunterKS

RxBowhunterKS Paddle in water

I'm glad you were not hurt! Is there any chance that there was something solid inside the target like a broadhead? I still wouldn't expect the shaft to break like that if there was. Just curious.

11. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I broke 2 of my Linejammers yestarday, I hit them from behind, with other arrows, NOT sure if this has to do with quality........:noidea:

its a man made product, it will fail from time to time:peace:

12. MichiganHunter

makes me want to go back to aluminum!

13. HCAman

HCAman New Member

I'm sure it's not as often, but Aluminum do it too...

14. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

This is why you can't stress it enough..........FLEX YOUR CARBON ARROWS AFTER EVERY SHOT.:peace:

Very glad you were not injured.:hug:

15. trussoni

trussoni Ninja Fighting Fool

Nothing in the target it is a Black Hole (small one) and if the arrow had been abused or even shot once before then I could almost maybe come up with a scenario on what part of it was my own doing. The shop is open tomorrow (closed mondays) and it is like 45 miles from here so I will get in touch with them tomorrow and see if we cant work something out. I always check my arrows before I shoot except for this time because I assumed being brand new and all that everything was fine. There I go assuming....

16. MichiganHunter

:frusty: :frusty: :frusty:

17. Oregon Archer

Oregon Archer New Member

well if it happens with an aluminum you don't have to worry about picking splinters out of your hand. and it'll show up on an x-ray too, like thats any consolation to getting an arrow through your hand. :doh:

18. HCAman

HCAman New Member

Yeah, the aluminum will show up on xray, if it looses any slivers...

19. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

I've shot GT's for a while... as soon as they went south the quality immediately tanked so bad that GT cut off their own supply for several months until they were finally somewhat happy with the performance, I've shot post-mexico arrows and they don't wear nearly as well as they used to. My 7595's aren't as durable as my old 5595's were... to the point where they break hitting twigs and I had one shatter because it caught the edge of a nail (holding the target up). I've put old GT's into solid trees and brought them out without an issue multiple times...

I would honestly never suggest anyone get Gold Tips, they just aren't quality anymore in my opinion

20. Hook Em

Hook Em Slippy for President

sounds to me like you need to practice a little more and take it easy on your trees :noidea: