Arrow Rest Problems

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by swanj, Nov 5, 2007.

1. swanj

swanj Junior Member

Hello, I am new to the forum and would appreciate some advice. I am currently looking at the dmi expert II, trophy taker full contain and vapor trail limb driver arrow rests. I have a quicktune fall away rest now and a trophy taker on my bows. I am looking to replace the quicktune on a 2006 tribute. I use it mostly for hunting and would consider the whisker biscuit except I shoot quickspin vanes. I currently have fletching contact problems with the quicktune and have exhausted rest adjustment options. I cut the prongs shorter and have solved the problem for now but for hunting it is a little unstable. The dmi looks like it drops below the shelf and should not cause fletching contact. The vapor trail is pulled down by the limb and it should also not cause contact. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
    P.S. I also need new string and cable and have always used winners choice but any input regarding vapor trail would be appreciated as well. If I buy their rest I may try their strings too.

2. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

I don't see why everyone likes the limbdriver so much, looks like junk to me! I would try a pro series QAD. The best drop away on the market by far, it's the only rest with a lock down feature to prevent it from bouncing up off the shelf after release, and you can **** it into the upright position when you nock your arrow, making it a 100% containment rest. It's the only drop away I am considering over my WB, moving parts makes me kinda leary of any drop away.

3. MoSkeeter0311

MoSkeeter0311 New Member

I have a Limb Driver on my bow and I love it. I don't like anything attached to my cables. My buddy put the Nap Quick tune 360, which is a full containment much like the "Whiskers" except it won't interfere with your vanes, and he loves it. (so far). The limb driver will not bounce after your shot and has a holder that you attach to your "shelf" to hold your arrow when at the rest position. Bowtech also makes a "Hostage" rest which seems like a takeoff of the Nap 360.

Also ....Welcome to the Forumn:welcome:

4. Huya

Huya Senior Member

Well guess you haven't seen the rip cord then. It has full containment. It will lock in the up position also. It's easy setup and adjustment. Not saying your choice of the arrow rest is bad because it is also a great rest, just saying here is another choice also that is a good rest at a decent price. And it won't bounce back up either.

5. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

actually the limb driver when set up correctly is one of the best drop aways out... Its one of the few that drop fast enough for an x-Force. I would suggest taking it to a pro-shop and let them set it up if you continue to have issues. On faster bows the Qad has problems dropping fast enough. I had one on my Illusion and was playing around with different drop aways. Bow was set up 30" draw/ 350 grn arrow at 70 lbs. chono at 318. The qad, quick tune,
    trophy ridge had clearance issues due to it wasnt dropping fast enough. dropped to my specs at 28" draw and the qad was fine but quick tune still had issues. I like Trophy Takers personally.... I use them on my hunting and target rigs. Been using them for over 5 years with not one issue. They are the most reliable drop away on the market. Thats a fact. Thats why I wont change. I dont have to worry about it breaking, timing, to many moving parts to break... Its simple and easy to set up... just my opinion. If it aint broke..dont fix it..

6. Leebo

Leebo Junior Member

I'm using the limb driver and love it. I've also used the QAD and love it also but I could not use on my Guardian because of timing issues.:noidea: I dont know if you would have the same problem with the tribute.

7. MeanV2

MeanV2 Senior Member

I have sold and setup several of all the most popular Dropaways currently on the market. IMO The Limb Driver is the best drop away out there right now, but of course if you haven't used one you might think different:cool:

Dan

8. swanj

swanj Junior Member

Thanks for the advice. Sounds like the limb driver is the one to get. Any advice on strings.