arrows

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by buckhunter31, Oct 6, 2007.

1. buckhunter31

buckhunter31 Junior Member

Just a quick question. I have an older bow. It works great and I have no reason to abandon it yet for a new one. It's an xi paragon. Well that isn't the reason I'm writing. I have for several years, used aluminum shafted arrows with mechanical broad heads. The shaft I use is an Easton xx75, 2315 lite. It's 31" and I use a 125 Grain blade. I would like to switch to carbon. I don't know a lot about carbon shafts. Does anyone know of a conversion chart that is online. I would like to switch and order them online. Thanks for the help.

Wayne

2. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

3. Werd

Werd Senior Member

:welcome: ok. post up what ur draw poundage is. thats really what you only have to worry about is the poundage. you can really mess a bow up by shooting too lite or too much. just post up ur lbs.

4. buckhunter31

Sorry bout that.. My draw weight is 55lbs...

5. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

VERY NOT TRUE....there is more too it than poundage.....

please stop giving false info.......:frusty:

6. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Right...

Draw length, peak draw weight, brace height, arrow length and point weight all consipre to determine proper arrow spine.

Ron

7. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Listen to this guy he is very wise.....:peace:

8. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Really ? I never heard/saw that said before... :noidea: :laugh:

Yeah, HOT is really what it is. My buddy went out yesterday afternoon for a good old PM hunt and he lasted 30 minutes and got out of the stand. He called me and said it's too damn hot... No kidding...
    This next week it's going to cool down. By Thursday the high is going to be around 60 degrees. Nice enough for me...

Ron

9. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

he meant to say, you are a wise guy......:laugh:

10. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

That's what I figured... :laugh:

Oh, and I forgot to add letoff percentage in my 'sermon' about arrow spine...
    I'm surprised you didn't call me on that one Bunnyboy... :laugh:

HIJACK !

You guys hunting out there yet ?

We started this past Monday and it's been hot enough to coook breakfast on your truck hood... I went Wednesday and almost burned to death...

Ron

11. timberghost

timberghost Senior Member

Hey Ron. What about tuning your bow to match an arrow? Can it be approached from that end successfully?

I killed a buck on 8-18, opening day of bow season. It's rifle season here now and I'm waiting for most of them to clear out. It was 37 degrees here this morning. Last two weeks of Oct. I'll be out there.

12. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

to a certain extent yes.....

13. buckhunter31

Question

OK. What I am looking for is some good help. Every time I run to the local sport shop, the guy always tryies to get me to buy stuff I don't need. I don't have a lot of money to spend and I would like to try something new. I have heard that carbon shafts are better than aluminum, last longer and get better penetration. I have used aluminum for years because they are less expensive and the charts are easy to figure out. What info do I need in order to make the switch? Thank you in advance.

Wayne

14. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

At a minimum.... we need your draw weight and draw length and the point weight that you want to use.. It is possible to tune your bow to your arrow if the arrow's spine is within the limits of your bows adjustment. We can get you close with those numbers.

If you want perfection we need more info. I use OnTarget software. It asks for everything when figuring whether or not an arrow will work for my bow.

15. J.C.

J.C. New Member

That's pretty darn hot...:lol:

16. buckhunter31

My draw length is 30'' and I have 55lbs of draw weight.

Thanks again.:wave:

Wayne

17. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

18. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

5575 gold tip xt's, thats what I shoot. They will be borderline overspinned for your setup, but its better to be over rather than underspinned. And if you will be able to up your draw weight if you would like to around 60 or 65 without having to worry about your arrows being strong enough.