asa/nfaa rules

Discussion in 'Tournament Discussions' started by kbohunt, Apr 7, 2007.

1. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

Ive been off the tournament scene for awhile
    rules still the same.
    unlimited bowhunter;12in.stabilizer & fixed pins
    pro or unlimited:anything go's
    how about rangefinders 10years ago pro-class could us them.
    is this correct,need info.thank's:biggrin1:

2. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

ASA has changed a little. novice in national shoots is all marked yardage. And hunter to open B is half marked. which is a shame. I under stand they did it to get more involved. But they should have done it in the noob class only. And unmarked for rest!! Takes the art of judging out for the most part. and makes average shooters good... Any one can hit a spot if they know the yardage. But its the game of knowing what the yardage is!!! I hope with all the compaining this year on it. they will go back!!! I personaaly hate it. and I dont use the yardage cards when I shoot!!!
    To much catering to the whiners and not to the sport.

3. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

if they want to know the yardages why not just shoot feild???:noidea: :noidea:

i agree that 3-d was developed for 2 reasons.....

1. to help one become a better bow hunter.....you just took the biggest part of hunting out of the scheme if you give people the yardages

2. to help Archery shop owners to sell more arrows.....:biggrin1:

4. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

same question?

are rangefinders still allowed in the pro/unlimited class in asa.
    qualifier for state next month.

5. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

range finders are only permited on marked yardages.

6. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

if there marked then why do theneed arange finder???

and another thing??

how long are you allowed to shoot a given target???

7. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

okay

Thank's dj.:peace:

8. CSS Shooter

CSS Shooter Senior Member

Bow man on the unknown day you are allowed 2mins if you are the first shooter in the group and 1 min there after to make your shot. On the known distance day you are allowed 1 min per shooter. Some people have their bows set to their range finders and ASA uses a Nikon 800 series. As far as opinions go you still have to make the shot known or unknow and alot of people don't even if they know have far it is. That is why everybody isn't a Pro. ASA did this to get more people involved in archery. There are classes for those that don't want to shoot known distance unlimited, open A, traditional, so on. Hope this helps.

9. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

asa

Thank's css.
    When i use to shoot,we shot mixed:limited & unlimited or pro
    you didnt know the yardage & it wasnt marked,the pro shooters had to shoot first off the back stake & was allowed to use a range finder, had 2 min. to shoot & then the group moved up & the hunter or limited class would shoot the same target off a different stake the pro shooter was not allowed to talk about yardage nor was any one else, no open guessing or you were dis-qualified,is this still about the same.
    targets were max.40yds limited-hunter & 50yds max.pro-unlimited