Axle to Axle lenght

Discussion in 'Beginners Archery Range' started by 62flint, Jul 23, 2007.

1. 62flint

62flint Member

This may seem like a dumb question but I simply don't know.
    How and why does axle to axle lenght affect accuracy?
    thanks

2. chelleo

chelleo Senior Member

Well, the theory is that the longer axle to axle bows are more stable and that means more accuracy. I think alot of the newer shorter bows are doing quite well though so that theory might go out the window.

3. Jay Are

Jay Are Junior Member

It's all theory!!! – I have yet to find anything thing that demonstrates that a longer A2A is more accurate.

Every person may tell you something different. I believe that a longer A2A will be more accurate for some, but not all shooters. Every bow fits the archer differently and effects their shooting differently.

At the end of the day it is all about comfort…if a shooter is more comfortable shooting a 37” A2A, than they will be less accurate with a 33” A2A.

4. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Yep, in theory...The longer the ATA the more stability...:noidea:

5. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Well then heck I shoot a 31" XT so when I get my 40" Ovation I should be an average shooter................right.:noidea: :laugh:

6. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

I do shoot more accurate with my Ovation than I do with my Allegiance indoors, however the Ovation is relatively slow and shooting it outdoors in a 3D can present a challange on a number of fronts. I think in the case of the Ovation vs. a shorter/faster bow you have to realize that a steadier bow hand can be a compromise against a slow arrow and increased wind drift and less forgiveness for judging yardage. So, speed is good outdoors... Indoors, stability seems to be the key.

Just my observations...

Ron

7. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Like the avatar...
    :laugh:

Ron

8. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Thnx man..........my wife bought me a shirt with that on it.:lol: