Back Pack of Fanny Pack

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Bhunte650, Sep 19, 2006.

1. Bhunte650

Bhunte650 Junior Member

So I put the question forward to you avid hunters. Which do you prefer? In the instance I am thinking your on a hunting trip and carring a stand on your back. Instead of filling your pockets to the brim where do you store items such as: Tree spikes, Rope, face paint, gloves, knife, arssaw, possibly even a lunch.

Back pack Vs. Fanny pack

2. MoBowman

MoBowman Senior Member

My back pack hooks right on my climber. Lots of room for everything, and I usually carry to much stuff, but better safe than sorry. Also allows room for lunch and something to drinik and even a magazine for those long days in the stand.

3. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

I've used a Fanny pack for the last 3 years, hate it. it always slides down and never holds where I want it to, backback won't work because of the stand...

I just picked up some Leg packs from Summit (i think?) that have more cpacity then the fanny pack but strap to your thighs... we'll see how they work this year

4. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

Primos makes a Bowhunters vest that is exactally what your looking for....I started using one last year and now I do not go the the stand without it....its great, no digging for the stuff you need, has a pocket for just about everything, has a bow holder strap, that tucks in out of the way when not in use, elastic on the back-to keep your clothes in snug and out of the way and the best part it has a cut out for your safty harness built right in......its the greatest thing since Mathews bows were invented.....

I even use it for rifle and muzzle loader season......

5. Hkdfrlife

Hkdfrlife Senior Member

Turkey Vest

Ditto the vest. Started using my turkey vest back in the early 90's Works great for bowhunt'n. Lots of small pockets for scent and calls, large pockets for lunch water and such. If I'm carrying my stand, I secure the vest over the stand frame, like if it was wearing it. Don't use my backpack much except during gun season due to the extra bulky clothes

6. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

btw: fanny packs make your butt look big, and who wants your big butt to distract from that great "posing behind the buck" picture?

Plus its been proven, deer have a 25% greater chance of spotting a hunter with a big butt then a hunter with an average size butt.

7. Hkdfrlife

Hkdfrlife Senior Member

Big butts

Hey Dredly, When you get to be old like I am, ya ain't got enough butt to hold up yer britches let alone some durn fanny pack. At least that's what the wife says.

8. clemenlp

clemenlp Diamond in the Rough

Years ago Sportsmans Guide had a sale on a fanny pack/back pack combo. The back pack was plenty large enough for anything you wanted to take, the fanny pack came with suspenders, and the can be hooked together (but the pack is big enough that I can't think of a reason you would have to). So, I carry the fanny pack during archery because it doesn't impead my draw and my climber still fits on my back; and the back pack is always set up for rifle/muzzle loader season.

7 more days and this itch can finally be scratched.
    Wishing everyone straight shooting and happy hunting
    Clem

9. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

With a head as big as yours how could you ever tell that your butt "looked" big????:noidea: :laugh:

10. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Hey I'm just making a statement here. If you choose not to believe me don't be all pissy on here when that deer spots your badonkadonk waiving around your treestand cause YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!

11. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

now thats funny......:biggrin1:

12. Hkdfrlife

Hkdfrlife Senior Member

fanny packs

Yea, what he said!! That was funny

13. Bhunte650

Bhunte650 Junior Member

I went and spent the extra money but I have yet to recieve it. Can't wait and I will let you know how it works out for my CampRipley Hunt.

14. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

I figured I'd post up a quick review:

The Summit Leg packs (2 packs and a belt) are AWESOME! I love them. lots of room, and they don't move at all due to buckles that go around the bottom of you thigh. I will never go back to a fanny pack after using these!

15. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Fieldline has a combo backpack/fanny pack that zips together. My local Walmart has them for $34. I bought one and it works great. I bring coffee, water, snack/lunch, calls, etc... I also have room to put my jacket in there if it gets too warm. I just hang it on a bow hanger on the tree once I get in my stand.

Ron

16. Bhunte650

Bhunte650 Junior Member

So I finally recieved the vest. 1 problem though. They sent the wrong size. Now i get the pleasure of sending it back and waiting a little longer.