Backyard buck down....

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by pilot, Oct 19, 2007.

1. pilot

pilot Senior Member

So i've had 2 delta 3-d buck targets in my mother-in-law's backyard for about a year now for my wife and i to use for target practice. Well last season a ground scrape appeared along the edge of their property about 20 yds from one of my targets. Out of curiosity i went out to check a couple of weeks ago and sure enough, it's been freshened up in the last few days. I thought this was pretty interesting but didn't realize it was about to get better. Last weekend i stopped by and my ma-in-law asks why i removed the heads from my targets in the yard....well i didn't but sure enough both heads were lying in the grass so i put the targets back together.

Now I get a phone call this morning from my ma-in-law.....just after daybreak this morning she was looking out the back door, as she often does, to watch for deer that regularly graze near the edge of their yard and in the field behind their house. Out of the corner of her eye she catches movement and realizes that there is a real buck in the yard and he had just sent one of my deer targets is flying through the air! Apparently that buck had just had enough of my disrespectful little delta 3-d buck....

She's not sure how big the real buck was but i guess it's time for me to hang a couple of stands and see if i can't find out. :D

2. timberghost

timberghost Senior Member

That's funny.:D
    That buck rules the roost don't he.

3. MichiganHunter

MichiganHunter Senior Member

That Would Be Something To See!!!

4. pilot

pilot Senior Member

Yeah, i wish i had put a camera out there! :lol:

5. Werd

Werd Senior Member

lol. i wish i was cool enough to have deer come to my targets.