Bear Compound Wheely excellent condition...

Discussion in 'Beginners Archery Range' started by Petewp, Dec 24, 2007.

1. Petewp

Petewp Addicted to Trajectory

Guy who tuned it is suffering from sales commisions needs. Really disses it and sais it isnt accurate beyond 25 yards... he also said it wouldnt shoot faster than 150FPS at 55# . It clocked 200.

Whats this gun really capable of in good hands. He never aimed it or put a sight on it - he just hates it making disparaging remarks about how it came from the past and is too dated to compete on any level with regard to accuracy. Again he never aimed it at a damned thjing. He just wants me to dig down for a new bow. Forget it - it wont happen.

Folks, a wheelie, in good hands [what Id aleast like ot be] what can this thing really group at @ the 50 yard line?

I also posted this in another forum..I realized too late there was a beginner forum here. The bows in excellent condition folks. What do you guys think this bow is capable of? Atleast at 55#s this baby smokes at 200 fps. No frowning here on that.

Pete

2. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

If you could pound X's at 20 yds with one I'd be surprised. I shot my uncles
    old bear wheelie and I couldnt get any thing consistant past 15yds.

3. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

My unclue used to shoot a Bear Whitetail Hunter (I think that was the model), he would routinely shooting in the 275 - 280's with it at 20 yards. The old bows will shoot, they just don't feel as good doing it

4. red44

red44 Senior Member

Put that bow in a hooter shooter and I bet it hits pretty consistant. You need to be as consistant as you can on your shot and you should do fine. Is it as good as a newer model, no way.

5. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

That bow should group great...If your form is consistant...

Those old bows put alot more on the shooter...If you can get the yardage righht you should hit the mark...

6. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

like every bow on the market......:doh: :doh: :doh:

7. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Thank you Captain Obvious...

8. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

Good one....:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

9. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

your the one who stated it like a new and interesting find.......:doh:

10. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

maybe read the thread........:doh:

11. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

No I commented that the older bow put more on the shooter than the newer bows do...since he was told that the bow would not be consistant outside of 20 yrds...which is total bull...it just boils down to consistant form...that's all

12. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

If you reffering to me.. I stated my I couldnt get my uncles old wheelie to shoot good groups to 20yds. I tinkered with bunch of rests, arrows but I found no matter what I did I couldnt hit the X more than 3 out of 6 arrows at 20yds. And I know alittle about bows and shooting..:biggrin1:

13. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

No pinwheel...I was refering to the "Tech"

14. Petewp

Petewp Addicted to Trajectory

Petewp

What size specifically is the "X"?

P.

15. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

about the size of a quarter? :wave: