Best bow

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by misieklech, Dec 12, 2007.

1. misieklech

misieklech Junior Member

I'm a beginner in archery and I'm looking for good starter bow which I can also take hunting next season, and it won't ruin my finance. Which bowmaker would you suggest? All replys are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

First off welcome...
    and secondly do you have a budget in mind???
    You can probably put together a decent package for 450-500

3. bowman_79

bowman_79 Junior Member

u should check the class. u could pick up a used bow pretty cheap and get what u want on it pretty cheap of pse has a good package but no one can tell u what will work for u you will need to go shoot some bows and get measured to see what draw length and poundage u can shoot but welcome

4. misieklech

misieklech Junior Member

Thanks for replies. I have $400 budget. 27 in draw lenght ,and 50-60 draw weight. I want to buy something used ,but I don't know which make would be best for the money. I could probably get a Mathews FX (they're supposed to be good bows) but what other choices do I have ?What do you guys think about Browning ,Parker ,Reflex , etc. ? Thanks for reply.

5. bowman_79

bowman_79 Junior Member

again really no one can make up ur mind u really need to find a proshop and shoot some bows and see what feels good for that price u could buy a pse new packaged out or close to it along with a parker package u should really go to shoot some pretty much all bows these days are well put together

6. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

Why buy used when you could get a new package and bow for that price range? You could get a new 2008 PSE Stinger for $299 or a package Nova S.U for around $300... Martin Bengal a few of the Bear bows....

7. Slice

Slice The Fobinator

There are a lot of good bow manufactures that make bows withing your price range. Go down to your local archery shop (not box store) and talk to the pro's and have them set you up. You will be much happier and have better confidence in your bow.

8. misieklech

misieklech Junior Member

well

thanks for advices. I visited local bass pro and local archery shop (chicago , Il) .They have nothing under 350 with my draw lenght except for youth bow. I'm going to try e-bay .shooting for mathews or browning .wish me luck:amen:

9. Bozwell

Bozwell Rytera Rocks!

I would try the PSE Stinger. Awful lot of bow for $300 but you'll also need sights, arrows, release, rest, quiver etc. Probably be pushing the $500 mark pretty quick.