best scope

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by still shootin, May 16, 2006.

1. still shootin

still shootin Junior Member

hey i am trying to find out which scope is the clearest one or in other words the best one on the market. Thanks Shootin:hippie: :hippie:

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

It has more to do w/the lens than the sight. Would have to say that the sure loc black eagle w/a Swarovski lenz might be the clearest and being that I have seen a single lenz in some stores selling for 250 it may be the most expensive. I do like my extreme w/ the Zeiss coating I think it is very clear. I have also used a few of the feather vision lenses in my HHA and like them as they are a little cheaper.

3. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

I agree Black Eagle by Sure-Loc

4. Randy B

Randy B Junior Member

scope lens

I am using viper scope right now,not sure of the glass, but it sure is clear no problems with them at all.

5. Scottie

Scottie Member

I shot the sure-loc black eagle last year. Great scope, crystal clear lens.
    Then, I saw one of the Classics with .010" up pin and had to have it.

Have not looked back since. I absolutley love the .010" pin. Shooting with their 4x lens and I can really pick out some small 12's with it.

6. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

I am trying to figure out if I can put the .010 Pin kit from the Classic into a Sure-loc Black Eagle

7. Scottie

Scottie Member

I was thinking of doing the same thing, then just said the heck with it and ordered the classic.

I think if you drilled the pin hole out to accept that little brass bushing it would work. You would just have to hold the bushing in place until you secured it with the front set screw.

Hey, I have an idea. Why don't you send me a sample black eagle scope with .6 d lens and I'll let ya know if it worked. :peace:
    Anything to help..:thumb:

8. NE1C_my_arrow

NE1C_my_arrow Member

I just got a Classic Scope II with 4X lens and it doesn't appear to be too clear to me. Are you using a clarifier with yours?? I was told that up to 4X you usually don't need a clarifier, but I was wondering if it would help before I drop the money for one. This is the first magnified lens setup I've used so I don't really know what to expect from it. I took it out and I've been using just the scope with pin and like it very well.

9. Scottie

Scottie Member

Yes, I have a Super Peep and with the 4x lens I use a clarifier. I'm going back and forth between (2)of them. If I use an 1/8" aperture w/#1 lens, the target is crystal clear (and I can see most of the targets on the 3D course vey well) but the pin is bleary. If I use the 3/32" aperture w/#1 lens, everything (target and pin) are super crisp, but I lose some light and some targets are hard to pick out the 12ring on.

Some guys just use apertures w/smaller holes to clear the lens, but targets get dark when I do that. I have some apertures for sale on AT if your interested. Sent you a PM.

Last edited: May 19, 2006
  10. NE1C_my_arrow

NE1C_my_arrow Member

Thanks, I'll check them out.. I've been considering trying the Super Peep kit but I didn't know if it would actually help and I didn't want to spend the extra $$$ if it wasn't going to make a difference.

11. Radar

Radar Story of my life

I agree with Randy B. I am using a Viper scope and it is really clear to me. Fairly inexspensive and I think it is great.

12. magooo2

magooo2 Junior Member

I would agree with the assessment that the classic is a very nice scope . I also ran into issues with a 4x not being clear and needed a clarifier which i wasnt pleased with. The super ball set up is very nice. My only issue with the classic came because of poor customer service on purchase:tape: . It soured me on my next purchase and bought the sureloc black eagle which I am very happy with.