Best String Maker??

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by tnts79, Sep 5, 2007.

1. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

I'm considering having my trykon restrung, what string/cable manufacturers do you experts recommend? My local proshop recommends stone mountain. What about winners choice, vapor trail etc....?:gossip:

2. J.C.

J.C. New Member

3. Cameron

Cameron Senior Member

4. bowmechanic

bowmechanic Member

Hey tnts!

Give us a shout and we can fix you up with wolfden strings and cables.WE have built several dozen for the trykon and the trykon xl.

5. Hook Em

Hook Em Slippy for President

Very nice website...I am gonna need to replace the stock strings on my Allegiance pretty soon.

6. Hook Em

Hook Em Slippy for President

And what would the cost be for a nice 8125 OD Green/Brown string and cable set for an 07 Allegiance?

7. Jay Are

Jay Are Junior Member

Winner's Choice

Whenever I get a new bow, the first thing I do is change out the strings on it to Winner's Choice strings.

I never had any experinces with anyone's elses stings as I have never needed to change from WC.

8. Cameron

Cameron Senior Member

Give Wolfden a try. Then you can use all the left over money to buy something else.:D

9. bowmechanic

bowmechanic Member

cost

The cost for the trykon and the Allegiance would be $62.00.All prestretched and pretwisted and served under tension.I guarantee everything.We even offer tune ups if your bow needs it.We can install and set it up for you!

10. BuckeyeRed

BuckeyeRed Super Member

I like my Vapor Trails strings and cables allot. Shipping was fast and their strings are top notch.

11. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

I made the string and cables for my Scepter shoot through system. Honestly, I have surprised myself. No stretch, no problems whatsoever. I probably have 300 shots on them now. Peep is right where it was when I started.

So, in my opinion, I am the best string maker..... my strings are free....:biggrin1:

12. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

I use Mike's custom string and cables on both of my bows and they are great. They are probably the best built set I have owned. I'll take them over WC and Vapor Trail anytime. They are also affordable ($30 a set I believe). Mine are 452x but I think he can do 8125 too...

You can reach him at bowhuntingmike@yahoo.com and ask questions. His anme is Mike Jensen and is professional and excellent to work with. He also has a WEB site but I don't know the address. It's on this forum someplace in the classifieds I think.

Ron

13. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

Hey bowmechanic

$62 for strings and cables? What string material do you recommend? I primarily hunt so being quiet and durable are my two main concerns as long as I don't loose much speed. Thanks for all the replies, this forum is very helpful.:biggrin1:

14. bowmechanic

bowmechanic Member

material

I would recommend the 452x or the ts1.Speed difference between the 2 the 452x will be approx. 5-6fps. slower.They both are very good materials.MOst guys opt for the 452x on a strictly hunting bow.I haven't really seen any major difference other than the speed difference they both hold up very well.

15. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

Order

I just placed an order for the TS1 string and cable set for my trykon. Hope they are as good as you say they are! How long does it usually take, I just got my trykon but I want to have a spare string and cable set in case something crazy happens!!

16. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

you can try about anyone. It all depends on what you want to spend and what kind of warranty you want. I'm going to give Wolfdens a try for my 3d bow I think. Had been a winners choice guy for years. But there so expensive. But, they do have the best warranty on the planet..

17. Cameron

Cameron Senior Member

Go TS1 for 3D.....

Wolfden gives me a great warrenty, cuz I know where he lives.:evil:

Speaking of that, I am on my way to pick up some TS1 Strings for my Guardian. Pictures comming soon!!!

18. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

WPBowmaster makes some pretty awesome strings. And he is very affordable. As soon as my stock barracuda's start showing some wear he is going to make me a set for my XT.:rockon:

19. bowmechanic

bowmechanic Member

Thanks!

tnts we appreciate your business and publicly thank you for choosing Wolfden!You won't be sorry you have my personal guarantee!

20. beenfarr

beenfarr Senior Member

Good, now I don't have to wear safety glasses when we shoot!!!! :laugh:

Ben