Big Man Safety Harness

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by bigmikem031, Mar 7, 2006.

1. bigmikem031

bigmikem031 Junior Member

Hi guys, I was wondering if any of you knew of any safety harnesses that are made for big guys? I weigh about 330 and I use a Lone Wolf climbing stand that is good up to 350 but the safety harness that came with the stand is AWFUL!! If any of you have any advice on where I could find a good, comfortable harness, please let me know.

Thanks!

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

Just remember big guy, dont get too comfortable up there. Thats when accidents happen. Wouldnt want you nodding off and haveing to put that harness to use.:biggrin1: Have you tried the seat-o-the pants saftey harness system? Not sure if it comes in multiple sizes. We sell full body harnesses at the shop I work at (forestry supplies) for bucket work (trees), comes in multiple sizes. Only problem is I think the only come in red. Just got me to thinking, I go 230 and sometimes I wonder if I should be up in trees anyway.:biggrin1:

3. Allen

Allen Senior Member

Big Mike,

I'm about the same size as you and I gave up trees several years ago. I now use a pop-up ground blind and haven't had any drop-off in my deer harvest. In fact, I seem to be killing more with closer, easier shots than when I used a tree stand.

Tree stands are great and I would use one if I were a bit trimmer, but ground blinds have a lot of advantages too. Faster to set up, more comfortable, no need for a tree, quicker to move if you realize that the deer are somewhere else and sent containment.

Again, I have nothing against tree stands. They are the best way to hunt many situations, but ground blinds are a legitimate alternative.

4. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I could agree w/Allen more, the first time i took my fiance in the woods w/me we had a doe stick her head in the ground blind and still could not tell what we were until my fiance laught at her. I really do enjoy hunting out of a ground blind, maybe even more than the tree stand sometimes.