Blazers Helical or no

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Mathews Man, May 17, 2008.

1. Mathews Man

Mathews Man Foam Killer

How to fletch Blazers Helical or no. Bohning states 2 Deg. would more be a bad thing?

2. J.C.

J.C. New Member

I fletch mine with a helical clamp and a pretty good offset. you have to take a little time setting it up to make sure you have good contact with the shaft, but it works fine and they fly good.

3. clemenlp

clemenlp Diamond in the Rough

Ya, any more and you really have a tough time getting them to set, but try a couple out and decide for yourself.

PS: Nice Avatar

4. Mathews Man

Mathews Man Foam Killer

I use a helical clamp but set my Blits straight so it does offset a litlle. I think I am going to foll around a bit and see how much offset I can get in a 2 in vane.

Clemenlp who stold whos LOL.

5. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

I think it largely depends on the shaft diameter. I tried a helical with Blazers on an Easton Axis shaft and had a lot of troubles. I'll bet if I tried it on a more conventional shaft diameter it would have worked fine.

Ron

6. Mathews Man

Mathews Man Foam Killer

Right now I shoot X-Cutters so no problem on shaft size these suckers are fat.

7. jdawg240

jdawg240 BOWNUTS

I fletch all blazers right helical. WHY???It's the only clamp I bought:lol: :lol: '

Ive never had a issue with Axis shafts:noidea: But then again I use the Pine Ridge two part system and I cant pull Blazers off arrows in 2 minutes. :D

8. Hook Em

Hook Em Slippy for President

+1....try to fletch straight with a right helical clamp and you find yourself doing this a lot :frusty: :frusty: