Blurry Pins

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by tnts79, Sep 28, 2007.

1. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

Why do my sight pins get blurry? Im shooting a 3/8 meta peep, my sight has .019" pins. I have always shot this way and accuracy doesn't seem to suffer, just kinda wondering. If I focus on my pin the target gets blurry, if I focus on the target my pin gets blurry, almost like a ghost image......What gives?????:faint2: I have recently started shooting with both eyes open, seems to help some, but I have a hard time lining up my peep with the outside of the sight ring. Any ideas?

Last edited: Sep 28, 2007
  2. Onyx Z

Onyx Z Member

the human eye can only focus at one distance at a time. try putting your finger in front of you face and focus on it, see how everything else is blurry? now try it at 20 yards.

3. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

I understand that, but I have a hard time believing every archer/hunter has the same problem.

4. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

I have the same problem:wave:

5. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

Things that make ya go hmmm?:doh:

6. Onyx Z

Onyx Z Member

yep, i think everyone has this problem. i know i do. luckily, accuracy doesn't suffer.

7. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

Mabey something should be done to fix that $$$$$$$$, any inventors on here?

8. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

What about the clarifiers you see, is that what they are for?

9. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

Response from A/T

Originally Posted by tnts79
    Why do my sight pins get blurry? Im shooting a 3/8 meta peep, my sight has .019" pins. I have always shot this way and accuracy doesn't seem to suffer, just kinda wondering. If I focus on my pin the target gets blurry, if I focus on the target my pin gets blurry, almost like a ghost image......What gives????? I have recently started shooting with both eyes open, seems to help some, but I have a hard time lining up my peep with the outside of the sight ring. Any ideas?

yep your getting old.... happend to me last year I bought a peep verifier they are 1/4 inch peep with a 1/8 inch lens screws in .. Cabam pins clear right up. awsome. try www.yeoldarcheryshopp.com or lancaster archery there are verifiers and clarifiers you want the verifier. they come in several different strenths. hope this helps..
    Verifiers Starting $19.99
    Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours

Click to enlarge
    These Verifiers are for the 1/8" or 1/4" Specialty Archery Super Hunter Peeps. The 1/8" Verifiers also fit the Super Ball Peeps.

How the Verifiers work:
    * As good eyes get older the focal length changes for them to focus on close up objects.
    * The Verifier peep has a lens in it similar to the ones in your reading glasses that will allow you to see your sight pins better on your hunting sight.
    * There are four different powers available that will match up with most individual's eyes.
    * The idea is to match the one that will sharpen you pins but will not take the target out of focus to much.
    * Everybody's eyes are slightly different and as you get older your requirements will change.
    * The Verifier peep only gives you enough magnification to see the pins but it will not magnify the target because the focal length (the distance between your eye and the peep) is too short to enhance the target.
    * There are two different diameters available at this time 1/8" and ¼". These two diameters will work with most applications. Many of the new hunting pin sights are using a round pin guard. The peep should be the right size as to match up with diameter of the pin guard. This will make your anchor more consistent and make for a more accurate shot.
    * The Verifier should not be confused with the clarifier that is used to clear up the image in a magnified scope. The Verifier is only used with pins.
    * The 1/8" Verifier will fit all of the older and present super peeps.

Available Options:
    Item: #6 Pink 1/8" [8780] ($19.99)#7 Blue 1/8" [8781] ($19.99)#6 Pink 1/4" [75312] ($19.99)#7 Blue 1/4" [75313] ($19.99)#8 White 1/4" [75314] ($19.99)#9 Orange 1/4" [75315] ($19.99)#8 White 1/8" [8782] ($19.99)#9 Orange 1/8" [8783] ($19.99)

Customers who bought this product also purchased

Specialty Super Ball Peep Housing Hooded

Specialty Super Ball Peep Housing

Super Hunter Aperture Kit

10. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

Im getting old 21 is old? My perscription for contacts is only like -2.25?? Guess I need some "HOLY COW" Harry Caray coke bottle glasses. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

11. Hook Em

Hook Em Slippy for President

I am still trying to figure out how to get my finger 20 yards in front of me...must be an aggie thing. Help me out herps!!!

12. bfisher

bfisher Senior Member

Wait till you hit 40+. Then everything gets blurry. Real blurry. Then you go to a +2.25 or so.

HOOK EM, think about the draw length you'd need if you could reash 20 yards withone arm. Heck, think how tall you'd be. No treestand needed.

13. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

heck no weapon needed.......:lol:

14. Werd

Werd Senior Member

omfg. i laughed really hard. you could just pick the deer up and squeeze them...:laugh: :laugh:

15. Onyx Z

Onyx Z Member

haha, good one! gig em!

16. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Verifier is what you want to look at unless you use a scope/lens then you want to check out a clarifier. The earlier post about the Specialty Archery Super Peep line is a good one. I us one on my target bow and it's excellent. You tie or have tied in a threaded peep that accepts apretures with or without various lenses in them. They don't cost a fortune and they definitely work.

Good luck.

Ron

17. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

some people have tried to focus at a point between the pin and the target...:dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: