Boars in Tn

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by bugle freak, May 20, 2008.

1. bugle freak

bugle freak New Member

i recently talked to a guy about hunting wild boar in TN and heres what he said: The guide walked him into the woods before dark. Put him in a tree-stand over looking a bait pile. My friend was bow hunting. He said about 45 minutes after the guide left him in his tree, he could hear a truck approaching from a distance. The truck engine cut off. My friend listened closely. He heard what he thought sounded like rusty trailor doors being opened, and animals running out on the medal floor. A few minutes later 2 hogs came directly in to the bait pile.

Are the wild boar hunts in TN like this??? (is this true)?

2. dbdcougar

dbdcougar He Who Drops His Bow Arm

A friends of mine handgun hunted in TN several years ago, spot and stalk, no bait piles or trucks.

3. pred8er

pred8er He who eats fuzzy animals

Seems like your try'n to go stick a piggy.....I don't know where your at, or if you can swing this, but this is the best price I found. I think I already tried to look them up on Huntingnet.com but don't remember what was said. $80/day inclusive in TX.

http://www.brushyhill.com/

I was going to try to get 3 or 4 guys together and drive down for a couple of days, haven't had the chance yet though.

4. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

ask ask ask again

5. bullspotter

bullspotter Senior Member

6. j3dGuam

j3dGuam Senior Member

If your story is true hunt elsewhere. No fun and adventure in hunting like that. Lot of good places al over to hunt boar.

7. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

no

The place i hunted in tenn was not like that
    I went a week before 2 see the set-up
    it was 425 acres of high fence in which the hogs lived there since they were babys.
    I seen them out in the fields he had about 30-40
    cumberland mountain outfitters:rockon: