Bob Lee Red Wing Hunter early number 1960's

Discussion in 'Bows for sale or trade' started by 67chevl, Sep 13, 2007.

1. 67chevl

67chevl Junior Member

This is a Bob Lee Red Wing Hunter 58" 41# .I bought this bow with the intentions of shooting with my son but have now decided to go with a compound to hunt. The bow, I was told is somewhere around early 1960. The bow has no twist in either limb. When I got the bow the finish was crackled and needed to be refinished. So I carefully sanded the bow and had my brother who builds cabinets (has been doing so for 15 years) spray it with a nice satin look finish. The bow has this on the lower limb just under the riser in gold writing 58" R-988 41#@28". I have a new flemish string, bow stringer and a bear hair rest. I have strug the bow about 6 times but have never shot an arrow through it. The bear hair rest is new in the package. I bought the bow from a guy named Steve who also makes the flemish strings. I also have some knocks, field points, fletchings, traditional broadheads and an arm guard that will go with it. The bow looks almost brand new other than some scuffing from the string on the back of the limbs. Beautiful bow! I would like to get $250 out of it. Email with any interest. I will try to get some pics posted soon. Would consider a trade for the right compound bow.

2. devinv

devinv Junior Member

60's bow

I'm interested in the bow...do you have any pictures?

3. tennlabs

tennlabs New Member

wing bow

I know this is from an old post, but do you still have the wing bow, and is it left hand?
    thanks
    Stan