Bow Setup

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by thjacobi, Mar 27, 2008.

1. thjacobi

thjacobi Senior Member

I just put a WB on my bow and I am trying to figure out how to get it in the exact right spot for good arrow flight and to make sure it is in line with everything in general. Got any tips on what I need to do? :noidea:

Thanks!

2. red44

red44 Senior Member

You can ball-park it by putting an arrow on and eyeball it from behind the string, get the arrow in line with the string/center of the limbs. If your using a D-loop, set the rest and nock-point heights so the arrow is square to the string and the arrow is covering the rest mount hole. Good enough to start shooting and checking groups. If your not using a D-loop, you will probably want the string nock a little higher than square to start.

3. thjacobi

thjacobi Senior Member

Should take and actuall sqaure and check my arrow and string for
    squareness (if that is a word).

4. red44

red44 Senior Member

Tough to use a bow square with the WB. Either eyeball it or get a framing square and lay out some lines to go by for starters.

5. thjacobi

thjacobi Senior Member

I don't have a bow square so I willtry using a framing square to get it a little closer. I tried eyeballing it but I want to see how close I am and get it as close to perfect as possible.
    Should I paper tune after I get it squared up? I am assuming this will help get the side to side alighnment correct?

Thanks for the help. :rockon:

6. red44

red44 Senior Member

If paper has worked for you in the past then by all means. I prefer comparing bare shafts to fletched, or field points to broadheads, or just by the smallest groups. Do yourself a favor and get a can of spray footpowder. :noidea:
    :biggrin1: If you have any question if the fletches are getting through clean, use the FP on the WB and see if the fletches are contacting the WB frame. If it leaves a mark you'll see it. When your done, you can remove the disc and wash it without changing the rest position.