Bow Shopping

Discussion in 'Beginners Archery Range' started by robert32904, Feb 20, 2007.

1. robert32904

robert32904 Junior Member

Currently I am shooting a PSE Impala recuve bow and I am looking to also include a compound. My primary purpose will be for target shooting with hopfully learning to hunt in the future. I am considering a Hoyt Lasertec and a Hoyt Avenger. Any good or bad on these bows?
    Thanks

2. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Hello and Welcome hope you enjoy your stay...
    I don't know anything about these bows...but we have a few Hoyt shooters that may...so I'll just help you keep this up top...

3. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

Hoyts are very nice. The Avenger is better than the lazertec because it has better limbs and better limb pockets. The Lazertec would be a good starter bow.

:welcome: to the forum

4. :welcome: to the site. I don't know squat about Hoyt or just about anything else for that matter, so I can't help you. I just wanted to welcome you to the site anyway.

5. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

:welcome: doesnt really matter which one you buy as long as you are comfortable with it and get out and shoot it......:amen:

6. dzingale

dzingale Senior Member

That is exactly what I would have said.

7. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

except for the hole mathews/bowtech debate, me and you, we are so much alike.....:biggrin1:

8. dzingale

dzingale Senior Member

I don't have A problem with Mathews. It is all in the grip preferance and speed.:peace:

9. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

:welcome: to the forum. Glad to have you with us. As stated if the bow feels good to you then its the bow for you but please be sure to shoot as many bows as possible before deciding on one. The bow kinda pics you I think. Again welcome and post away.:peace:

10. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

so you have 2 problems???:pound: :pound:

11. robert32904

robert32904 Junior Member

Thanks for the replies.

You have all been encouraging and helpful.

I participated in my first 3D shoot about 2 weeks ago and I'm now hooked. We will be having an all traditional 3D shoot in 2 weeks. This should be fun.

Thanks again