Bow Shopping...

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by brokenarrow, Aug 9, 2007.

1. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Ok...Bowman and myself went out this evening to shoot some bows...Sorry Frank...No pics...

We headed out to Flying Arrow Sports in Carmel, NY...alittle tricky to find (behind the NAPA store :biggrin1: )...THEY GOT TONS OF STUFF...

So here's the list:
    Black Ice
    Drenalin
    PSE X-Force
    Mission X-3
    Guardian
    Wanted to shoot the Truth, but all the had was a lefty...

First the X-force:
    Harsh draw and don't creep, it'll get ya...but besides that, it was fast with managable hand shock...
    Mission X-3:
    smooth draw and cycle, good grip...very nice bow, feels like it should cost more than $350...
    Drenalin:
    smooth draw, very little hand shock, I wasn't overly impressed...it performed pretty much the way I expected...
    Black Ice:
    Very smooth draw, nice cycle, real nice grip, no noticable vibration, real nice shooter...I highly recommend you try and shoot one...very impressed
    And last but not least...THE GUARDIAN:
    I have to admit the whole center pivot thing does not appeal to me at all...That being said Iam totally impressed with this bow...nice draw and cycle, and it just lays there dead in your hand...it has a slight forward jump if you shoot open handed...but like I said I was Totally Impressed...

This is what I thought...You need to shoot them and decide for yourself...
    the veiws of the author are not neccesarily the veiws of the management...:biggrin1:

2. gmherps

gmherps Senior Member

Guardian all the way!

3. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

I didnt think the X-Force's draw cycle was that bad. I thought the Elite and bowtechs felt harder to draw. To me. Though there is no valley in the X-Force. But thats the way I like it. I dont like that huge ramp in letoff. My old liberty Vft would pull my arms out of socket every time I shot it. But that is old school too. LOL !!

4. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

The bow I shot was setup at 29/65# and it felt like 80#...:D

5. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

so I shot the same bows, w/the exception of the X3/Drenalin I have shot them before.....

So here it goes....

X-Farce
    nice grip, nice weight, terrible draw cycle, and dont creep or you shoulder is gone.......I would rate the hand shock as none....and the vibration as normal for a speed bow....nothing you couldnt take care of w/an STS.....also, the noise.....very quite...

Black ICE:
    awsome grip, awsome weight, no little hand shock/very little vibration....Extremly quit

also LAST

Gaurdian:
    wish I hadnt shot it......cause now except for being ugly, I have to say that its pretty nice......

NO handshock
    NO VIBRATION
    NO noise
    pretty quick

Over all except for being really ugly and really expensive......it is a very nice bow.....I too would have too agree about being impressed.....

So my final pick...IF i had to buy one today.........
    would be.........

the

BLACK ICE.........

its like a SWITCHBACK but with a AWSOME GRIP:rockon: :rockon:

6. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

yes it did:noidea: :noidea:

7. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

Man is there evre a bias on this site what ever happen ta th aMartin bows boys. How can ya say youv'e compaiared untill ya shot one of tha best

8. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

I'm not done shooting this is just one shop...mostly Hoyt, Bowtech, and Mathews...
    they were so busy I didn't want to take up all there time...:biggrin1:

9. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

smokes, no OFFENCE but find me a damb shop within 100 miles of me that stocks more than 1 module......and i will gladdly go look at one......but MARTIN doesnt have a good dealer that stocks more than 1 of there bows.....

AND I sure as heck aint pluckin down my hard earned cash for somthing I aint never shot before.....

10. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

to shoot more than one model of martin....the closest place is CABELAS in PA...they had 2 models....and thats 3 stupid hours.....:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

11. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

And those aren't the high end models. I don't know of any stores locally that I can recall seeing a good Martin line up on the wall and with the number of options there should be at least 5 or 6 hanging there.

12. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Why don't you just join my groupies and buy an Ovation and then keep that Darton for Hunting? I would have to say (this is gonna hurt)...

The Ovation may be the best Spots bow out there and w/ the right arrow one of the best 3d rigs too.

Plus you can get a full setup w/ everything for less then just about any bow you listed would cost (except the bottom line Mission)

13. Hook Em

Hook Em Slippy for President

that is kinda how the guardian feels to me...hate the draw cycle and the weight. love how it shoots.

14. Hook Em

Hook Em Slippy for President

I shot a conquest 4 tonight for the first time...shot very nice and had great weight. Of course the total lack of wall killed my buzz, but other than that it is a sweet shooter.

15. Gator eye

Gator eye Guest

I thought the guardian pulled back like a freight train. It was really dead on the shot but if you let up just alittle when at full draw it would almost pull your shoulder out of socket. I hated the draw cycle but wow the shot is UNFRIKINBELEIVABLE!

Drenalin....well what can you say if you shot any of the switchback line it's about the same except lighter and slimmer. Feels more like a kids bow.

Haven't had a chance at a Black Ice or a X-Force

Nothin out there this year to pull me away from my XT for a hunting bow.

16. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

First what the heck do you mean no pics????:doh: J/K
    Thanks for the review keep on shootin until you get that one that says to you "THIS BOW IS FOR ME". Next time though I'd find a better shopping partner.:biggrin1:

17. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

I still have to shoot the new Dartons, The Truth, GM Tec Hunter,maybe a Cardiac...as for my partner...what can I say, he follows me around like a puppy...:lol:

18. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

That was my thought...keep the Maverick for hunting and set up a 3d bow...I said something to Bowman about getting a Mathews "whatever" in blueberry...I thought he was going to scream:Cry: :lol:

19. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

:laugh: :laugh:...............

20. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

He is kinda partial to Pink..........................or Black.:doh:

Be careful with the Truth, you may want to take the checkbook with ya.

Happy shoppin...............and spendin.:p