Bow Tunning

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by MO.HICK, May 31, 2007.

1. MO.HICK

MO.HICK Senior Member

I was wandering if there is any good books on tunning compound bows. I know that I will get a hard time for asking this question. I not bad at it. But any time I can improve I want to. I think it is also improtant since I own two different kind of bows now. I would like these books to include how to set 3rd axes sights also.

Mo.Hick

2. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

That sounds great but have you considered the web for there is most anything you can want nowadays and it is down loadable. . Smokes.

3. bfisher

bfisher Senior Member

One of the best tuning guides you can get is downloadable from Easton's website. It's free. It starts with basic setting up of the bow to several methods of tuning and micro-tuning.

And it doesn't really matter a whole lot whether you have two different bows or not. Tuning procedures are very similar if not the same for all of them.

As for setting the 3rd axis of any sight most that have this feature come with the directions right with them.

4. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

very good info in this post.....

5. Jay Are

Jay Are Junior Member

Larry Wise has a few books out there for tuning and basic maintenance to a compound.(i.e. Tuning Your Compound Bow). The books aren’t bad, but they are not great either. I think his books are a great starting point to gain some knowledge.

For 3rd axis set-up, same as bfisher said... they came with the sight.

6. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

tuning!

All the answers are correct, get info off the web.
    There is a little difference on the way you set up two different bows if one is solo-cam & one is duel-cam!
    Applies to tiller measurements & Nocking-point!:peace:
    Hope this helps.

7. MO.HICK

MO.HICK Senior Member

Thanks guys. Now i have directions to go in. Every little bit helps. I did go the eastons web site and got a lot of info on arrows. Thanks again.

Mo.Hick

8. bfisher

bfisher Senior Member

Couple other sites you might look at are Spot Hogg and Hunter's Friend. There are asome pretty good tutorials on each. There are others, too, but I'm having a brain fart at the moment.

Barry