Bowtech 05 Old Glory

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by VE6WTF, Aug 2, 2007.

1. VE6WTF

VE6WTF Senior Member

What do you guys think about these?

I found a guy whose archery shop closed down a while ago and he had a few of these in storage. I made him an offer of 340 bucks.
    sound like a good deal?

2. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

I think you get go cheaper on them, its an AWESOME bow. I have one, bought it almost new and love it. Very good all around bow that will work for hunting, 3d, and spots!

3. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

I'm with dredly. The OG bow is sweet but you could do better on the price. You should always assume you need to replace string and cable(s)... That could be a chunk of change right there.

Good luck on that...

Ron

4. VE6WTF

VE6WTF Senior Member

The warning labels are still on the string, and its still in the box.
    Still has a warrentee card?

is that worth 340 bucks?

5. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

its still been sitting around for more then 2 years. I'd be hesitant to buy anything thats been "in storage" for 2 years. you never know what can happen to a bow that hasn't been touched or looked at in that long.

After looking on AT it looks like the OG prices are actaully going UP ?!?! I only saw one barebones going for 300.00 TYD, most are going for 400+, some as high as 550 w/ accessories.

Maybe I should dump mine and get an Allegiance... hmmmm

if he is going to sell it to you for 340.00 shipped its a good deal with current prices. I would offer 300.00 and you cover shipping and see what he says

6. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Yeah, make him an offer that matches a sample from a current going rate.
    I would also make an assumption that the string and cable needs to be replaced even though it's brand new. If it's been sitting around for all that time and never had any wax put on it I myself would probably not even draw the bow until I replaced the string/cable.

Ron

7. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

sorry not buying into that.....the materials these strings are made of today, I would not rush into buying new strings and cables....BUT, if they dont look right, I would change them out....

8. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Don't be sorry. I lived in a Fast Flight and pre-FlastFlight world where braided steel cables were used. The problem was that time and moisture (or lack of) as well as wear took it's toll on the string. I'm still not up to speed on current materials but I'm learning and will be for a long time. If the newer material stands up to time, great...

I'd still try and get the price down. Heck for $300 I'd consider buying one for a backup since I foolishly sold my Diamond Victory...:frusty:

Ron

Last edited: Aug 3, 2007
  9. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

for 339 you could get a mission X3 and be really set......and thats brand new....:rockon:

10. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

But Mathews sucks... remember? :lol:

11. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

its not a mathews its a MISSION.......:lol: :lol:

12. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

My Allegiance is lonely now since the Diamond is gone...

Ron

13. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

so get another bow.....maybe a Hoyt as you allready have a Mathews and a Bowtech.......:wave:

14. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

I've shot many Hoyts in the shop(s) and whatnot and Hoyt can keep them... They just don't feel right to me.
    In fact nobody I know out here owns a Hoyt and no shop I know of sells them. If they do they sure don't flaunt it.

Ron

15. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

In the words of Bowman (and I quote)

"Well then screw the Mathews, shoot the Bowtech!"

16. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Not sure I could, or want to, argue with that...

I'm warming up to trying to get one of those OG's...

Ron

17. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

You know if you get an OG everyone will call you my Padawan as everything I get you get too.

In fact it would be the same year OG as well, and its a great bow... just don't max out the poundage. It draws like crap bottomed out

18. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Ha !

Yeah I read that you said it was rough when the limb bolts were in...

BUT !

Nobody cannot call me a Padawan since I don't use the same hand-on-bow as you...

There's a loop-hole at every turn. People just need to be more heads-up to take advantage of them...:biggrin1:

What year is your OG ? Is it really a binary cam setup ?

Ron

19. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Its an 05 - OG's are all binary cam

20. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

that was a private phone conversation between me and you, very late at night and i had been drinking:hug: