Bowtech Equalizer is really fast.

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Chris, Mar 4, 2006.

1. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

We had a woman come into the shop to purchase an Equalizer. She wanted 60# peak and 26.5" draw. We had a 50# but had to order the 60# bow.

Well this bow came in the other day, so we thought we would chrono the bow just for grins.

Here are the specs.
    60.5#
    26.5" draw
    325gr arrow

It shot 281fps. Yes that's right 281. I could not believe it. Smooth pulling and really fast. Are their any other 7" brace height bows that generate that much speed at 26.5" draw?

Sorry if this sounds like a bowtech commerical. I was just very impressed by it.

2. treeghost

treeghost Junior Member

bowtech

Do you have an opinion about the Bowtech Tribute?

3. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Equalizer

I have a friend that ordered an equalizer for his girlfriend. I have not yet seen it shot but they say it is smokin and very accurate. I hope to check it out this week maybe my wife would like a bow???? 281f.p.s. at 26.5 dl is awesome.

Frank

4. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

What do you think that bow would do at 70lbs and 30"????

5. cougar_magnum

cougar_magnum Junior Member

Doesn't go that high! it's max draw length is 27" and i think the max poundage is only 60 lbs.

6. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

It goes to 27" awsome send me one!!!!!! Probably get that thing to 290 is I play around w/arrows.:cool: :biggrin1:

7. hoagie27

hoagie27 Junior Member

My wife just got her Equalizer and it is smoking. Her specs are 26 3/4" draw length and 45# of draw weight. 230 grain cxl 150 and is getting 291 FPS:doh: !!!!

8. Pinky

Pinky Senior Member

THX Chris for posting your review.....And no, it did not sound like a Bowtech commercial....LOL

9. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I for one and Pinky for another thought that was a well written, unbiased reveiw and apprecite the good info. Thank you very much.

10. Chris

Thanks guys. My wife has a Chrome Equalizer on order now. With specs like that and speed to boot, it's just too good to pass up.

Now if Bowtech would stretch that draw to 29" for 2007, it would really be smokin.

11. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

That bow would just be for hunting right Chris, No IBO 3-ds.:biggrin1: :biggrin1:

12. Chris

Can you imagine the kinetic energy. I haven't done the math but I'm guessing about 100ft/lbs.

13. pdq 5oh

pdq 5oh Member

I'll let you all know what a custom built Equalizer will do at 22 1/2" and 25#. My son will be shooting one this summer in CUB. Hopefully his Ultra Lite Pro 600s will work. These weigh 172 gr, and shot very well out of his Rascal last year.

14. ATLhunter

ATLhunter Junior Member

Just got an Equalizer.

Just picked up a used Equalizer 26.5 draw/60lbs and it's quick. I haven't got to chrono it yet but it's smokin. My outback was only shooting 244fps on the chrono so I am looking forward to 40-50 more fps. I was sighting it in yesterday and using one pin out to 35 yards. I was worried about hand shock after shooting my Outback for two years but I feels great. I will sacrifice a little smoothness for the speed of all my buddies bows anyday. :usa:

15. The Allegiance has the same riser this year as the Equalizer. I built a bow for the wife using an Old Glory riser with Equalizer limbs and cams and it's pretty hot! Has a 6 5/8 inch brace and it's 26 inches draw with the # 2.5 modules on it so it should go to 27.5 inch draw. You could use the Old Glory limbs and the LE cams and get close to 29 inches draw with a 7 1/2 inch brace height.

16. dzingale

dzingale Senior Member

The '07 Equilizer goes to 27.5".:peace:

17. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

o.k so what do you think a 27.5 at 60lbs would do?????speed wise......

18. 302 easy:cool:

19. dzingale

dzingale Senior Member

According to there website possibly 308.:rockon: