Bowtech - Guardian/General design excellence

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Chris, Oct 20, 2007.

1. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

I just thought I would share some information I have discovered in my testings.

Most everyone knows that the majority of the bows will get longer in draw length when you back the limb bolts out. I have seen many grow 1/2" when you take a 70# bow and make it a 60# bow. Many archers would never notice this, but good, trained archers will pick up on this quickly when shooting.

Now, I did a test on a 70# guardian. I checked the draw length at 70# and again at 60#. The draw length actually got shorter by 1/16". This was a big surprise to me.

2. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

I do like what the have done with the designs and added features. though I see they get a ton of slack for using others patents.. who dont... Its tough now to come to come out with something totally new. just upgraded old patents.:biggrin1: :usa:

3. Maybee-R

Maybee-R Member

So far this year I have to give Bowtech the most improved award. If there is such a thing. I am impressed.

4. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

I was told the single cam patent ends this year. So next year, it will be interesting to see all the nock-offs.

5. Single cams are "old school" now:wave:

6. Record Keeper

Record Keeper Member

A utility patent lasts 17 years, assuming all fees are paid to keep the protection active (pharmacutical patents can be extended further under different rules). Thus, the original single cam patent ran its course long ago. There are existing and enforcable patents that comprise single cams, but the enforcable claims relate to features like perimiter weighting, modules, draw length and weight adjustment features, etc.

Darton, Bear, PSE, Martin and Mr. Strother have all made pretty decent livings off patent licenses and royalties.:)

7. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I dont know........ask all the mathews pro shooters, if there old school......

they do pretty good w/outdated technology.......:bored: :bored: :bored:

8. They are paid to also:decision:

9. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

paid to shoot outdated technology.......:doh: :doh:

how many pro's are shooting the tuning forks anyway??

10. No pros because they don't pay.

11. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

I agree.. the technology of old school single cams to new is a different world. Like Record said. with the change of mods, letoff, fps and adjustment in draw makes the only thing in common with old school to new is school is the word single cam.

12. LongBowhunter

LongBowhunter Junior Member

I recommend Bowtech bows more than any of the others, of course they make our " guide series" and they do a good job of that. I get to shoot customers bows because I set them up for customers, the sad thing is " I don't take one into the woods", that's because I made a snappy decision, a year and a half ago, and purchased Hoyt PowerTech, it's up for sale on the classifieds, and since I recommend Bowtech all the time, I figure I should be shooting them.

But it's gotta be awhile before I will be able to get one, at least until mine sells.

LongBowHunter

13. I'm digging my Guardian........:amen: