Bowtech Truck. FYI

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Huya, Nov 16, 2007.

1. Huya

Huya Senior Member

On Saturday 11/17/07 The Bowtech Tractor trailer rig will be outside of the Fullerton Hi Tech Archery. It opens at 11 am. They will have all the new bows. Gee I wonder where I will be at that time. Going to test as many as I can. Will let you know my findings. Just remember though, it will just be an opinion. Pro or con.

2. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

That would be a great time. Enjoy shooting all those sweet bows.:peace:

3. MeanV2

MeanV2 Senior Member

Keep us Posted!! I've got the General and the Marquis, both very impressive bows:cool:

Dan

4. lungcutter

lungcutter Senior Member

I just saw the General on Tuesday for the first time. My only problem with it is how do I sneak it in the house past my wife.

Or shoul I try to convince her that I can't live without it.:Cry: :laugh:

5. Huya

Huya Senior Member

Just tell her your storing it for a friend while he is deployed.

6. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

yeah, never LIE...it will prove to be painfull later.......:noidea:

7. BowhuntnHoosier

Sounds like experience talking here buddy.:biggrin1:

8. archery freak

archery freak Junior Member

wait till she's asleep then sneak it in the backdoor, hhhhmmm that doesn't sound quite right. :D :rockon:

9. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

You learn quickly Grasshopper...:cool:

10. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

That, my friend, is an understatement...

Ron

11. Huya

Huya Senior Member

Talk about disappointing. The Truck was there. But when I talked to the guy in charge, he said no they don't have the 82nd or the 101st. All he has is the Diamond Marquis and the General for the new bows. I told him that I had called ahead and was told he would have them and all he could say is he wished they would of let him take a couple from the shop for show. So rather than waist the trip, I went in and decided to try a few bows that i would of been interest in.Ok just so people know, I prefer dual cam bows. Now don't everybody jump on me because this is just MY opinion of what I tried and what I either liked or disliked. First bow on the list was the PSE X-Force because everybody is talking about how smooth they are with being fast. They had a few versions including that ts short one. Very light weight it was. So I went into there range with 5 arrows. Knocked one up and started to pull it back. After a few grunts and groans, I got it back and fired the arrow. Pro's were I didn't feel any hand shock which some have claimed. The noise level was very low. The speed was awsome. The cons, It felt heavy, It was hard to draw and I don't want to be having my shoulder blow out at my age. I guess if I was still in my 20's I could get used to it. But at almost 50 I don't want to take that chance. So it went off my list. Next I decided to try the TomKat. Yes this is a lower priced bow. If I would looking to get into archery and not spend the real big dollars this would be one on my list. It had a smooth easy draw, it was as quiet at the PSE X. Good Speed. felt balanced.
    Can't really say there was a con on this bow. Next I got the allegiance. This bow was faster but still well balanced. It had a littler harder pull but nothing like the X-Force. But I guess if you want the speed you have to except the aggressive cams. Fired the Dren. Just to say I fired it. It is a smooth bow. No shock, and quiet. The grip is a little wide for my taste. Still a good bow. But for a back up right now I am considering either the ally or the TomKat. He already sold his last Tribute while I was there so didn't get to try that. So I guess I will keep my guardian as no1 for now. And look around for awhile for the backup. Sorry I couldn't give anymore information on the airborns.

12. BowhuntnHoosier

Sounds like a truckload of crap to me. I mean come on you bring a truck to a shop and do not even have all your new lineup.:dizzy: :frusty:

13. MeanV2

MeanV2 Senior Member

I am sure all the other 08 lineups were there to shoot:noidea: I think Bowtech has done an excellent job in getting the 08's out quick this year:biggrin1: The Airbornes will be out soon. After all it is still Nov:cool:

Dan

14. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I wish they had the new ones for you to try, would like to hear about the airborns from an UNBIASED person.......

the new mathews are out and in dealers hands allready......

oh wait I know what your going to say, yeah but there just remakes of last years.,......:bored: :bored: :bored:

15. Huya

Huya Senior Member

Ah but sometimes an updated remake can be better than something totally new.

16. Huya

Huya Senior Member

I was told originally that they were to be on the truck, This wasn't the case.
    I also would of thought it would of been to Bowtechs advantage to have them on the truck just to get people more excited about what is coming out. And especially with Christmas right around the corner. So to say the least it was a disappointment.

17. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

agreed..................

18. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

What I want to know is after the show.. does the truck blow up too???
    Now thats there is funny...:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

19. BowhuntnHoosier

I understand completely, I would have thought that if a Bowtech truck was going to be there they would have had all the new bows at different DL all setup and ready for people to shoot and enjoy.

20. BowhuntnHoosier

:doh: :tape: :frusty: The Blowies are gonna get you for that one.:noidea: