broadheads

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by MichiganHunter, Jan 24, 2008.

1. MichiganHunter

MichiganHunter Senior Member

ok guys i thinkin about tryin out some new broadheads.

i want to know what you use, and why.

2. hoyt_hunter007

hoyt_hunter007 Senior Member

What did you used to use?

I think a popular answer you will get here is Muzzy's. They are simple and inexpensive, but do a nice job. I like how you can take the head off and the blades will stay in. Most other fixed blades have to be screwed on tight otherwise the blades can fall out.

I shot the Muzzy MX-3's this year and they flew great, just didn't have any luck getting a big boy during archery

3. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

Tekan-II's, they fly like darts and make 1.5" holes. All 3 I shot this year were down within 25-40 yards. The tekans have the easiest blade deployment of any mechanical on the market, just pushing them through a piece of printer paper will open the blades! Try doing that with a spitfire..:frusty: ! I've got two mx-3's I would like to give to some sucker that likes them if they have some tekans to give to me....

4. MichiganHunter

im currently using thunderheads.

5. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

I've shot primarily Thunderheads for years. Why?.. because they work...:noidea:

6. STRO

STRO get'n rid of target panic

RAGES
    BECAUSE THEY ARE THE BEST

7. jdawg240

jdawg240 BOWNUTS

I like Spitefires, big holes lots of blood,

8. BrowninGal

BrowninGal New Member

i used a couple of times crimson talons(hog specifically) but i really like slick tricks now. just personal preference

9. nubo1

nubo1 New Member

I got to say I really like the slick Trick's ,they fly close to me fieldpoint's and are easy to tune . They simply do the job . Made a complete passthrough on my bear last season breaking a rib entering and another exiting and then cleanly passed through the shoulder ,next stopping in the ground .Can't ask for any better result's.

nubo

10. Shortshaft

Shortshaft Member

I've been shooten Muzzy 3 blade 100's for years but I think I'm going to try the slick tricks on my new set up when I get it. My hunting bud (and bow tuner) recomends them. He sets up prolly 200 bows a year or so and swears buy them. We'll see!

11. DAGUARDIAN

DAGUARDIAN Junior Member

Mechanicals I shoot Spitfires-- big holes, lots of blood, but last few deer i didnt get much penatration and they were good shots so i switched to Slick Tricks and I wont shoot another broadhead ever again They fly super true, leave great holes, and Blood and are really sharp. Plus they are cheap and you can replace the blades if needed but thes things are really tough.

12. jessetjames

jessetjames Junior Member

muzzy bad to the bone :):rockon:

13. MichiganHunter

with the slick tricks are you using the three blade or four blade?

14. MichiganHunter

i see alot of people using muzzys and talking about how great they are.. but i wont use anything muzzy.... long story... lets just say muuzzy was very rude and out of line to me over something very small.

15. Rino

Rino New Member

This was my first year shooting Rage two blades after shooting Thunderheads for 14 years. I love how they fly and the blood trails are sick! My doe was down after 50 yards with entrance and exit holes I could drive a VW Bug through. I'm never going back!

16. QDAWG44

QDAWG44 Junior Member

4 blade slick tricks are great.

17. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Muzzy 3 Blade 125gr. Because they have never failed me or any of my friends. They are truly Bad To The Bone:rockon:

18. Hook Em

Hook Em Slippy for President

Slick Tricks are the best flying fixed head I have ever shot...that is why I use them. And they kill stuff really well to boot :rockon:

100 gr magnums

19. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

Here I fixed it for ya Hook...:wave: :wave:

20. Hook Em

Hook Em Slippy for President

bad bullfiddle...Pink only shoots Magnus broadheads!