Broadheads

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by slamdam, Dec 7, 2006.

1. slamdam

slamdam Senior Member

I was wondering if anybody knows if muzzys fly like field points. I have beaman camo hunter arrows and blazer vanes. I am contaplating on getting them for Boar and want a head that flys like my field points.

2. hoyt_hunter007

hoyt_hunter007 Senior Member

well, almost any broadhead should fly like your field points if your bow is well tuned. i have shot muzzys a little bit, they actually flew really nice. i had the four bladers. overall i think they are a good head.....that being said i shot slick tricks this year and was really impressed with the way they flew and the penetration they got. both of these are great heads, im sure either one will work fine, its like anything else, you ask 100 people and get 100 different answers and opinions.....personally i LOVED the slick tricks, probably wont change for quite a while, but i also think muzzy makes a good broadhead as well

good luck!

Last edited: Dec 7, 2006

3. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I have seen setups that you couldnt get mechanical broad to fly straight out of.....

two months ago i put my broadheads on and tried to shoot them.....20 yrds they were scary....never new where they were going to hit....turns out the arrows were too stiff...in my case they were too short...So I got some Maximas, left them long, installed muzzy 4-blade....now i wish They let us use broadheads on the 3-d course.....they fly like laser guided missles as long as I point them in the right direction.....:doh:

4. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

I went to the 3 blade 100 muzzy this year and I shot a 6 pointer quartering away it landed in the far shoulder, when the butcher cut it out it was still intack. That deer ran for 100 yards like that . one tuff blade:thumb: . Holy Smokes

5. slamdam

slamdam Senior Member

thanks for the input