Buck on Trophy Rock

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by rut, Jun 14, 2008.

1. rut

rut Junior Member

The deer have been hitting my Trophy Rocks pretty hard.It'll be interesting to see what this buck looks like come fall.

[​IMG]

2. pred8er

pred8er He who eats fuzzy animals

Where you at, that young man looks like he has a pretty good start on growth!

3. rut

rut Junior Member

South western CT.

4. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

What is a Trophy Rock :noidea:

Better keep an eye on him :rockon:

5. J.C.

J.C. New Member

It's a brand of mineral block......:rockon:

http://www.trophyrock.com/

6. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

I kinda figured that, but wondered if it could be a scent thing too.

Is that considered baiting?

7. J.C.

J.C. New Member

I think it depends on the state. we can use them here.

but we can use corn, too......:biggrin1: :biggrin1:

8. pred8er

pred8er He who eats fuzzy animals

Get this. In Virginia, the law stated that after September 1 you were not allowed to place any attractant in the woods. (You could feed "pet" deer outside hunting season) There was a big question last year if you could use scent attractants. I'm still not sure if that was ever resolved. :noidea: I'll have to make sure to check in July when the new regs come out.

9. MoBowman

MoBowman Senior Member

Most states that do not allow baiting, will allow the use of mineral supplements. And that is what Trophy Rock actually is. Missouri is pretty harsh on baiting and the laws can be pretty tricky, but they do allow many different types of minerals. Rut keep us posted on the developments throughout the summer. I have several different Rocks out on a couple of different pieces of property. Just have to get the camara out soon. Be interesting to see the growth :peace:

10. rut

rut Junior Member

I'll keep you posted.

11. red man

red man New Member

here in pa we can bait deer to the stand area before season but all bait has to be taken out a month before season opens up. ya go figure they want all the corn take out from around your stand but you can hunt next to standing corn in a field lol sum things just don't make sence to me maybe i am retarded :noidea:

12. JC-XT

JC-XT Treestander

In Illinois we aren't allowed to use any bait, salt, minerals, etc. The ironic thing is though you can buy all of that stuff pretty much anywhere you want to in the state. I see Trophy Rocks, apple and corn flavored deer blocks, Deer Cain, Buck Jam and all sorts of other stuff in most stores.

It's illegal here, but I think quite a few people do it anyway. Although it would be nice to use with trail cameras, I've never had any desire to use that stuff for hunting since I'm usually close to a cornfield or oak patch anyway. Plus, I don't like the idea of paying the fines you get for baiting in Illinois.

I'm glad the Trophy Rock is working out for you, hopefully you'll connect on a nice one this fall.