bullsh*t

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by killbambidead, Dec 4, 2006.

1. killbambidead

killbambidead bambi killer

1st shotgun season here in illinois i ran into some trouble w/ the game warden. it was sunday night and we parked along the road and went to our stands. me my dad and our buddy were huntin. dad looks up and sees some idiot in our field with no orange on so he gets down at 4:47 and walks over to the guy. its the game warden and the first words out of his mouth are "u know u were supposed to stop huntin at 4:44" about that time i shoot at a big 8 point in some alfalfa .... luckily i missed or i coulda got a ticket for shootin deer out of season ..... heres the part i love... were at the truck and the game wardens talkin and he goes "now you (talkin to me) are the one who shot so im goin to give you(my dad) and you( our buddy) a ticket" $75 and 9 points against their licenses ... they werent happy ..... ended up fillin my shotgun tag yesterday .. shot a doe

2. IAHunter11

IAHunter11 Member

I print a sunrise sunset callender so I know the exact time I can and cant shoot.... In iowa we can shoot 1/2 hour before sunrise and a 1/2 after sunset.. Which they call that twilight times so I look at my calander everyday I go out to know exactly what time I can and can't shoot for sure.

3. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

we have rules about that also but have never heard of anyone acctually getting in trouble for it.....unless of course it is at night.....

4. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Yeah, it's gotta be late or real dark for someone to get in trouble...:noidea:

5. bullspotter

bullspotter Senior Member

the wardens here will nail you to a wall, take the animal, and you could loose your hunting rights for like 2 years if you get cought not taking a game animal legal here, ive seen lots of game taken from hunters who shot 2 min before legal shooting time..... I do think 2 or 3 min is a bit shady, i could see 30 min or something like that being punishable, but i guess its the law, and as hunters we need to be awair at all times of the small things that could get us in trouble..... I look at sunrise and sunset on my gps every day i hunt, and i pay close attenton to the time.

6. I could understand giving a hunter five minutes worth of grace period, everyones watch could be off a bit. If the warden put the time down and it was just a minute or 2 over I would more then likely fight it, you have nothing to loose but your time. Just my .02 worth, which doesn't buy much now days.

7. killbambidead

we decided were goin to go to court and ask 4 a 90 day supervision after 90 days the points should be removed from our licenses

8. yak49

yak49 Junior Member

2%

My two cents, 9-points is whole lot down here, 12 is the max for lose of licences, your insurance is gonna sky rocket, my next phone conversation would be with a good attorney:cool:

9. deerkiller

deerkiller Member

We got checked two years ago by a wardern while we where duck hunting!! He was set up 40 yards from us and we didn't even know it!!! THREE minutes before shooting we had three mallards land in our decoys and then flew off. After limiting out we were ready to go when the warden hopped up and came over! He said he was glad to see us use so much patience. We were like, huh!!! He said he probably would have given us a ticket for shooting before light if we would have shot!!!!!! AND my gun Jammed on my first shot. He also said that If he wasn't watching us he would have thought there was only one guy shooting and two limits!!! REAL nice guy though!!!

10. Radar

Radar Story of my life

Sometimes you can get a real ballbuster for a warden, out just to make guys miserable. My uncle far a couple years there was getting harrased by the warden, I have hunted with my uncle and let me tell ya he is one of the most straight by the book guys in the woods. So basically he would start to get amused by the warden coming out and acting like billy bada$$. He knew he did nothing wrong I told him I think the warden was basically bored and looking for somethng to do. He said he actually came up to him in a ghillie suit once:laugh:

11. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

can I ask a silly question???? what licenses are you talking about getting points on???

your hunting licenses or driver licenses????

12. killbambidead

huntin license there is nothing we can do except pay the fine. we just gotta be good for the next 3 years and then the points will go away

13. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I have never heard of this......that is crazy.....:noidea: you get points on your hunting license.....I just cant beleive this I dont know what to say....if we do something that is illegal we get our hunting privlages revoked.....the implement ( gun, bow, handgun) gets confiscated.....and the vehicle gets impounded......if a vehicle was used in said crime....

14. killbambidead

my dad was in colorado elk huntin with his brother and they both shot elk but the elk made it down a steep ravine and they were worried about taking their horses down it in the dark so they came back the next day and the meat was spoiled. they didnt no u had to take 10lbs of meat and just took the horns. a game warden saw them and immeaditaly confiscated their truck guns camper ..everything .... my uncle went and showed the game warden where the elk fell and said hed just write them a fine because he wouldnt have gone after the elk in the dark in that ravine .... i guess different places have different policys

15. Josh

Josh Junior Member

I had some buddies get caught spot lighting deer. :doh: The game wardens took their two shotguns and the driver's new hoyt bow he got for Christmas. :Cry: The warden tacked on 15 points to each of their licenses and said he let them off easy. They are going to get the tickets appealed to get their guns and bows back but the points stay.

16. killbambidead

i think u can get 12 points againt ur hunting license then u lose ur huntin privaleges for a year every point over 12 that u get u lose it for an additional month ... im pretty sure thats how it is in illinois

17. bullspotter

bullspotter Senior Member

umm we dont have points here... you mess up bad enough, your done for 3 years, and also if you kill game and cant get it out right away. and it rots, you still pack it all out, you get cought with only a head in your truck, they will make you take them to where the meat is, and it had better not be in a feild some place...... Their were some guys that shot a elk, had it whole in the back of their truck, and stopped off at a bar on the way home the next day, the elk was still in the truck and was like 60 deg outside, fish and game nailed them for not properly taking care of the meat. they took the elk and fined the guy who tagged it. Now if it would have been 15 deg out, would have been fine, but thats considerd waist.....

18. here is an example of points.these are R&R in Arkansas: does this help you understand?

19. YZEATER

YZEATER Junior Member

you have alligators in Arkansas??

20. yup,but there not big and you don't really see them where im at.
    to see them you need to be on the mississippi/arkansas line