Buying Target Bow in a few weeks...

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by swintj1, Dec 11, 2007.

1. Matthews Drenalin LD

8 vote(s)
    36.4%
  2. Bowtech Commander

4 vote(s)
    18.2%
  3. Hoyt Pro Elite

10 vote(s)
    45.5%
  1. swintj1

swintj1 Senior Member

Looking to get into my first target bow for my league that I'm in. I'm looking for it to be STRICTLY competition...no hunting with it at all. Which bow should I get??? Here is what I have it narrowed down to!

***All bows in 50-60#, at 55***

1. Matthews Drenalin LD - Cherry Colored
    2. Bowtech Commander - Either Camo or Smoke Gray with RED modules
    3. Hoyt Pro Elite - Inferno Red with Black (EXPENSIVE...Can't really afford now, would have to buy this summer)

Which do you recommend. I was reading on the Commander and the Binary Cam system, and it sounds pretty sweet. Very stable bow too. Let me know!

2. BuckeyeRed

BuckeyeRed Super Member

Strictly target........And only between those 3?....... In that situation, I'd

get the Pro Elite. Now if C4 was also in the mix my choice wouldn't be so

easy. :peace:

3. Don't forget the Elite Extreme XL 36" ata & 8" BH

4. J.C.

J.C. New Member

Commander. :rockon:

5. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

of those 3........the DLD is hard to beat for an all around bow......:noidea:

6. bfisher

bfisher Senior Member

What a waste of a list. Strictly a target bow and you leave out one of the best of all time. Martin Scepter or S4 as it's known in serious target shooter jargon.

7. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

what a waste of a bow........being wasted on a company that doesnt have any PROSHOPS......and if they do, the dealers never stock any of THEIR bows....what a waste of post i just used to post this.......

GO BACK TO A.T. AND BRAG ABOUT YOUR MARTIN THERE!!!!!!:frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty:

8. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

You can't go wrong with these bows long ata is a must for serious dot shooting.:peace:

9. J.C.

J.C. New Member

:amen: :amen: :amen:

10. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

money maker or shark x

11. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

You forgot about the greatest target bow of all time. The Martin Scepter IV!!!!!!!:D :D :D :D

12. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I dont have a problem w/Martin bows.......just some of their shooters.....

YOU ARE NOT ONE OF THOSE GUYS JUSTIN.........

13. timberghost

timberghost Senior Member

Strictly target--Hoyt Pro Elite.

14. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

I voted Drenalin LD. If I still shot Mathews bows, this is the bow I would 3D and spot with......:rockon:

15. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

it has the same specs as there best spot bow ever...(the ICON) and is faster!!!!

it would make one heck of a 3D bow..........if i didnt have a Prestige:noidea:

16. UltraElite 06

UltraElite 06 Vote for Pedro

Most will give you an opinion based on the brand they are currently shooting the best advice iI can give is to try and shoot all the models you have listed and maybe some others than have been suggested. All these bows will have a different feel due to different grip and geomitrys. Go see your local pro shop and check out as many models as possible. By the way I shoot a Hoyt because it fits me best.

17. BuckeyeRed

BuckeyeRed Super Member

Actually I shoot all Mathews and yet I voted Hoyt. This isn't the "BIG" place, not nearly as many koolaid drinkers here. :biggrin1: