Cabelas sucks

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by buckkiller_06, Nov 13, 2006.

1. buckkiller_06

buckkiller_06 Member

so i was in a perdiciment and had to go to cabelas for a quick fix and they messed that up the so called "Pros" put on the wrong whisker biscut so now i have to go the sport shop and get the right one. I wanted to go bow hunting to nite and couldnt because of the Morons at Cabelas

2. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Junior Member

Better days are coming! :amen: Lone Wolf

3. papito

papito Petering it since 06

did you let cabelas now about your problem?

4. i want to know how they could put the wrong WB on your bow? Did you pick it out, or did they do the choosing them selves? I would have had them fix the problem right there and then, just my .02. I hope you got the one you want now, good luck.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2006
  5. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

What do you mean wrong WB? The wrong arrow diameter??

6. buckkiller_06

buckkiller_06 Member

yes and it was for aluminum arrows

7. whitetail99

whitetail99 Senior Member

I would be scratching my head if a "Pro" would recommend a WB:noidea:

8. Shaman

Shaman Senior Member

See the Whisker Biscuit thread.
    The MOST used rest seen in hunting DVDs, most often even un-endorsed.
    Must be a reason.

One thing I have learned about all pro shops, archery and firearm.
    I write down what I want on a work order and make the guy taking it sign it.
    So later if there is any issue, it is freebie fix/replacement, no argument about who said what.

9. big scores

big scores banned from AT

that shouldn't be such a big deal.:lol: the pro's thought you were using a fat carbon arrow, therefore the aluminum WB.:rockon:

10. a good pro would take into consideration the skill of the individual and recommend what would be best for the customer and not himself as a pro. I myself am glad that I was told to try the WB. This is my first bow and I told them so, I told them I was just interested in using it for hunting and not 3d or any type of competitions. He recommended the WB for me and now he has a repeat customer. If he had given me something that was good for him as a pro and not a beginner like me and then I found out about the WB's and tried them and liked them better, I would be upset.

You have to remember that it is hard to have a repeat customer these days without having a happy first time customer to begin with.

11. reflex69

reflex69 Junior Member

i use the whisker bisciut for hunting and 3d shooting . i prefer it over all other rest because i do alot of stalking. also u shouldnt have bought a new rest and expected to hunt that night . u have to sight in ur bow dont u

12. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

how many shots does it take you to sight in your bow? I can normally do it in about 10 - 20 depending on how important time is...

13. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Yes but come on Dredly, you are an outstanding archer.................right. :lol:

J/K I agree, to sight in a bow should only take at the most 20 shots if the bow is in tune.

14. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I have changed stuff on my bow.....sight rest....new arrows and sighted in at the warm up range on the morning of a shoot......but I do have to agree it is a little different when it comes to hunting.,....

15. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

If you were as good of a shot as I am you wouldn't have that problem...

16. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

no one is as good a shot as Dredly.......he is the gre........:laugh: o.k. I am unable to keep a straight face and not die laughing right now.....that funny.....

17. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Haha very funny! I just setup my indoor 10 yard range... time to get back in shape before leagues... one of these day's I'll make it up to your area for a 3D shoot... then you can put your money where your mouth is! (and beat me like a rented mule, then I'll buy the beers)

18. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Make sure you let me know where and when. I gotta see it:D

19. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

beating someone like a rented mule and someone else wants to watch.......:scared:

20. reflex69

reflex69 Junior Member

i didnt mean to offend u in any way. lol i like cabelas because of there good prices and selection , but i def think u get more help out of a private archery shop, cabelas bass pro shops and gander mountain are such big corporate companies they cant spend the time with the customer it seems like there always in a rush.