Cable slide/silencer evaluation

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by J.Blay, Apr 2, 2008.

1. J.Blay

J.Blay New Member

I installed a Saunders Buzz off cable slide/silencer. I've been using it for about a week now. The string buzz is gone. I shot a katera last week along with my Hoyt Ultra Mag and neither myself or the owner of the Katera could hear more noise from one or the other. My bow also has Alfa shocks, Limbsaver mini extreme limb bolt dampeners and a s-coil. I still hope to get a parellel limb bow someday due to the bow jump advantage. I really like the roller design of the cable slide. I'm hoping it stopps the noise I got last year with the teflon slide at zero and below temps. In northern Michigan we're lucky to see a few P&Y bucks in a life time hunting public land, let alone bagging one. Every advantage I can get is important especially the way noise travells on a still, 10 below morning as I draw back on a buck crunching in through the swamp toward my stand. Thanks again to those who shared their experience in my last thread. It helped me make the decision to get a string silencer. Joining this sight has gotten me interested in trying 3 D also. Maybe this summer. Thanks again, Jeff.