Check Out this Monster Gillingham harvested

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by Daniel Boone, Oct 10, 2007.

1. Daniel Boone

Daniel Boone Senior Member

Now this is a trophy for sure. Goldtip arrows did the job as always.

Great bull Tim

[​IMG]

2. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

nice!!! who was his outfitter?

3. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

Man oh Man what a rack and a lot of good eatin' too!:peace: :cool: :biggrin1:

4. Daniel Boone

Daniel Boone Senior Member

You can contact him at Goldtip Arrows

Im sure he would relay that info to you.
    DB

5. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

those look just like Mckenzie Elk Antlers.......

you think he CLICKED them into place??

I wonder if afterword he had to sit down and TAKE 5?

:usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa:

6. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

I heard there was a 10 yr old bow at full draw ready to drop this baby and Click told him to move it cause he had a plane to catch.......:laugh:

7. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

so your saying that a 10 yr old BOW almost got in the way of a KNOWN "champion".....

8. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

Nice!!! Rack!!!

9. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Nice bull and it looks like some thick timber too. Glad I did'nt have to pack all that meat out of there................................ok so I'm lie'n.:Cry:

10. 'SIN'ERGY

'SIN'ERGY Senior Member

If anyone finds out where and what outfitter he got this elk at please post.
    I am really curious to find out.

REASON: I just saw an article on Realtree.com the other day talking about how tough it is to be Michael Waddell. REALLY??? I doubt anyone on this site would not trade what they are doing to have his job. Let's see: get paid to hunt 6 months a year, get set up with some of the best outfitters and land out there who have scouted and scouted and scouted for you before you get there so that you get a crack at a monster which in turn makes there outfit look great for TV. They pick stands just for you and do not let paying customers anywhere near them so as not to foul up your hunt before you get there. You might say of course, it is all about business, I agree with that but I am sick of hearing about what great hunters these guys are the (WADDELL<BLANTON<JORDAN<POTTS<ETC<ETC) they are sat in these great locations without doing any leg work. If I had my choice of hunting an unknown area without an outfitter and doing it the hard way I would take any one of you guys on this site who do it the hard way every year before I took one of these so called PRO HUNTERS. Is it really that hard to be these guys??? Would you trade your day job ??? Would you write an article about how tough it is for you??? Tough is what all of you guys do every year--work a full time job, take care of your family, and find a minute of time to get into the woods and still be successful even if it's only a doe or a spike, yet when you turn on the tv you get too see these guys shooting B&C deer every day,talking about there trophy deer management with their staged recoveries on camera, living the dream and yet somehow complaining about it. I'm not saying that is what this guy GILLINGHAM is doing but I think that if I shot an elk of that caliber I would have a different look on my face than that, heck look at the pic of me and my 9 pt from last week.

11. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

Yes.... a 10 yr old bow being shot by a 10 yr old boy.....:doh:

12. IChim2

IChim2 IChim2 and he's a shooter

The majority of us know that these shows are for our veiwing pleasure and most know that if they had to do all the work them selves..there wouldn't be any shows for us to watch.No body twists our arms to watch/buy their shows/dvd's and besides...on a crappy day when there isn't much to do or right before the season starts..it's a good way to get charged up.

13. Cablegaurd21

Cablegaurd21 Senior Member

Thats a awsome bull, I've never elk hunted before but I hope when I do I at least see a bull that size.

14. 'SIN'ERGY

'SIN'ERGY Senior Member

YOU MISSED THE WHOLE POINT, I KNOW ALL THAT, I JUST SAID DON'T COMPLAIN ABOUT IT.

15. MichiganHunter

MichiganHunter Senior Member

Wow Thats Very Nice... I Want One!!!!

16. IChim2

IChim2 IChim2 and he's a shooter

Sorry...I know what you meant...I do as most do to.....find them the hard way.Wouldn't be much fun paying someone to find them for me...but to each their own..i perfere hunting one on one and to me thats what hunting is all about.:peace:

17. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Wow, that's nice...

Ron

18. jetshowell

jetshowell Member

congrats on the bull i wish i could go on an elk hunt some day

19. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

I would like to try one of those guided hunts some day but I'm married with children. So its kinda in my future.......................way in the future.:laugh:

20. Hook Em

Hook Em Slippy for President

That is an awesome bull!