Clarifier Verifier

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by trussoni, Feb 25, 2008.

1. trussoni

trussoni Ninja Fighting Fool

I am in the process of updating my sights. Went to a local shop today and asked about a lense for my sight. Gotta have a special peep they said in order to get a sight with a lense on it. Ok no problem go ahead and put it on. Well long story short it ended up costing me about $40 for a clarifier lense in my peep and I still dont have a lense for my sight because they dont make them for my sight that they (or any other shop around here) knows of. The sight I was looking at was an HHA model that they wanted like $150 for plus another $90 or so for the lense. They dont even have the lenses in stock other than the clarifier one that was part of my new peep. They also mentioned something about a verifier lense. I didnt realize that it was gonna run me like $275. I will have to wait a week or so to purchase a sight that will allow me to see with some sort of clarity what is beyond my pins. I dont have a problem seeing a deer or hitting a spot on a deer its them little bitty red circles etc on a target that give me the problem. I have diabetes and my eyesight is getting worse and worse so I figured now is the time to upgrade. I just didnt realize it was going to cost so much. Does anyone know of a good quality reasonably priced set up along the lines of what I am looking for? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

2. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

trusonni, I ain't trying to tell ya what to do buddy but if that bow shop put a clarifier peep in my bow knowing that the sight I had on it wouldn't accept a lense I would not visit that establishment again... Now back to topic Are you looking for a multiple pin sight with a Magnifying scope or a single pin...:noidea:

3. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

Check archery optics for the lens. He has an ad here. If it can be had or made he can do it. Cheaper an better. He makes great lens. His is the only ones I will use. I have about 4 or 5 lens from him and not the first complaint

4. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

I think what you are looking for is probably a 4X lense you will need probably a number one clarifier lens in your peep do you have any idea what power of clarifier they put in? I am gonna give you a link to some friends of mine that make a terrific site and they include the lens with some of there sights...http://www.swordacu-site.com/ Just give them a call and they will ship directly to you...:rockon:

5. QSA

I have a lens on my Trophy ridge rino sight. I love it. What sight model are you wanting. As for the Clar. I think unless you have bad eyes or use a 4X and up you really do not need one. I use 8X lenses in my scopes for spots.

6. trussoni

Terrible eyesight and its getting worse. Funny thing is I am honestly near sighted in one eye far sighted in the other. The clarifier lense is a #1. I am looking for a 4 pin sight maybe 3. I have a truglo sight at the moment and I really dont mind it except that it is kind of bulky when it comes to fitting in my bowcase.

7. QSA

get the HHA sight you want. Then contact them and tell them you want just the retaner ring. Say your got messed up. Then contact archeryoptics and have him make you a lens.

8. two_shoes

two_shoes YOU! Get in my belly!

Hey there amigo, here is a link to the differences between clarifier and verifier just in case you needed some reading material.... http://www.specialtyarch.com/faqs.aspThe clarifier isn't usually helpfull unless you have a lens installed....

9. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

clarifer is for scopes verifier is for just pin(s)
    is how how I understand it I have not played with this one yet

10. trussoni

I have a clarifier and was going to by a new sight until the sticker shock set in as I described in my original post. Currently looking for an affordable sight with the lense. If anyone knows of a set up that is reasonably priced please let me know. Maybe reasonably priced is out of the question here I dont know.

11. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

A clarifier re-focuses the image coming through a high powered scope lens. If you put...say a 6X lens in a scope and use no lens in your peep, the image coming through the lens will be blurry. When you put the clarifier in your peep, it brings the image back into focus.

A verifier is used with no lens. It is for those shooters that have blurry pins and a clear target due to farsightedness. The verifier simply clears up your pins.

12. trussoni

I am near sighted right eye, far sighted left. I have a #1 clarifier lense in my peep sight at the moment. I am looking to buy a sight with a lense if I can find a reasonably priced one. I have to shoot with my left eye closed or its a total mess even with a rifle scope. At the risk of sounding like a total moron here. What is the difference between a scope a and a sight? I want something versatile enough to shoot targets and to hunt with.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2008
  13. ba3darcher

ba3darcher Junior Member

try the line of sword accusites, they have a 5 pin with lens for a good price. look them up online and give them a call ask for danny

14. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

A scope is pretty much a round sight housing with or without a lens and usually one of several sighting systems (pin, dot, circle, ets.). Scopes are usually sold individually and are built with a threaded rod to allow them to be mounted to a target sight bar. Most scopes have a single pin, dot or circle in them requiring a moveable sight to shoot them at varying yardages.

A sight is normally built as a single unit. They normally attach to the riser and have an extension of some sort to get the housing out in front of the riser. The housing is usually round and can have a single pin or multiple pins. There are several types including fixed pin, sliders and pendulum. Most do not come with a lens, but several have a threaded housing to accept a lens and retainer ring.

If you want to use the same sight for hunting and 3D, you need to decide what class you want to shoot in. For instance, if you want to shoot the hunter class, you can not use a single pin slider as its adjustability takes it to the open class. To stay in the IBO hunter class, you must have a 4 pin, fixed sight that isn't adjustable. Viper, Sword and several others mentioned make a fixed pin sight that accepts lenses.

I would look at Sword as they make a tank of a sight that is affordable. :thumb:

15. Hook Em

Hook Em Slippy for President

Sword Apex 3rd plane is what I have on my 3D rig...I think it is the best sight for the money! As good as a Hogg-It, but way cheaper IMO...