climbing stand question

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by Leggro, Sep 7, 2007.

1. Leggro

Leggro Junior Member

I have a summit broadhead stand now, but have been hearing alot about these Lone Wolf stands and what to know what the fuss is all about. Also, if anyone has anything to say about the tree lounge. Thanks!:peace:

2. Liv2Bowhunt

Liv2Bowhunt Senior Member

I am about to buy a lone wolf alpha climber, my buddies have them and i have used them and also the summits, the wolf are light compact, light, and climes like an angry bee. i have not used a tree lounge at all.

3. hduc2005

hduc2005 Senior Member

My $.02 is keep the summit. I love my

4. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

TreeLounge

I have a treelounge and it's my #1 climber! They take some getting used to but, if you have some hot places to hunt during the rut (all day) you can easily stay in your stand all day. I put the bow hunting adapter on mine, and like I said it's the best i've used. The price turns alot of people away but the lone wolf and summit climbers are fairly expensive, so why not spend a little more and get the best. One tip, try to find a cesso made version, the side rails are D shaped instead of square and the cesso made stands are lighter. Look around on the forum on treelounge.com it should help you decide.

5. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

I think with the bow hunting adapter, gun and bow holders, chill pad, and the foot climber all strapped together for packing mine is about 26-28 lbs. It's around 22" x (25"-30") x 6" roughly, I would have to measure mine to find out. You can also use the treelounge like a deer cart if you buy the wheels with it. Mine came with the wheels, but I usually use a 4 wheeler!

6. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

I love my summit! I let my dad go up in it once, he now owns one. I let my buddy go up in it also... he now owns one. Summit is AWESOME!

7. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

What summit do you use Dredly?

8. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

I think its the Viper X4? Its about 4 years old and has the bar that you sit on to go up and then it folds behind your head.

The newer models have the front bar that folds underneath you (much better design). I can easily sit in the stand for hours without a problem, get all the benefits of a "sit down" climber without the stupid bar in front (which does cause problems)

**My friend and dad have Razor SS's where the front bar folds underneath you. like I said, MUCH better design

Last edited: Sep 7, 2007
  9. killbambidead

killbambidead bambi killer

i got a summit viper and i love it .. my dad does too but he cant use it

10. Timmer

Timmer Member

I'm not a big climbing stand guy. Usually just for public land where I need to pack the stand in and out. Bought the Lone Wolf Alpha Sit & Climb last year. Great stand and quite comfortable. It's easy to pack and carries well. Just make sure you use the cinch straps as directed. I found out the hard way to use them. They will keep the seat portion from falling down to the platform when you stand up. My dad has used the Treelounge for years and absolutely loves it. I never could get used to that thing and quit trying. His is probably well over 30 lbs., but I'm sure the newer models are lighter.

11. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

Summit!

I use summit, Bullet backpacker & the Viper!:biggrin1:
    Ive tried them all with the new climbing strups the summit is hard ta beat!:biggrin1:

12. lungcutter

lungcutter Senior Member

I have hunted from all different types of stands and I still like my broadhead backpacker by summitt. The only problem that I have is that I fall asleep in the summitt because it is so comfortable:doh: I have a ffriend that has a tree lounge and he loves it, but he leaves it in the woods during the season because of the weight.

13. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

Yep!

Bungiee cord's!:laugh:

14. lungcutter

lungcutter Senior Member

good luck with that deer hunt this year in Ohio.

Wish that I could shoot a nice deer in Ohio.:frusty:

15. Joe_P.

Joe_P. Senior Member

I had a tree lounge, it was comfortable but I did not feel secure standing on the bowhunting platform. It was also heavy and awkward to pack through the woods. I sold it and bought an API grand slam which I am very happy with.

16. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

Come,on!

If ya want ta tag along your welcome!
    About $900 will cover it all for a week, my son cant go and im goin alone!
    PM me if your intrested!:biggrin1:

17. lungcutter

lungcutter Senior Member

I appreciate the invite. If you do this again let me know, I would love to go.
    If possible can you pm me some details of the outfitter or give me a web site. Ohio is not far for me to travel.

18. ridgewalker243

ridgewalker243 Member

Stands

The tree lounge is big and bulky and very complicated. Yeah you can get use to it and its easier to put up but to many things you have to do to get up the tree. For the money I dont think its worth it.

19. outdoorsman

outdoorsman Senior Member

i lke my summit Goliath as it is big enough to have extra room for those all day sits..... it is the bigger version of the viper....