complete noob, where to get started

Discussion in 'Beginners Archery Range' started by smracer31, Nov 8, 2006.

1. smracer31

smracer31 Junior Member

well im looking at getting into archery and and curious to know know about it befor ei go out and buy a bow. if you could point me to articles online that are a good place to start to learn more about archery it would be appreciated. also money is not much of a factor, keeping that in mind what would be a good bow to get started in for beginner competition and shooting for fun at the range?
    thanks

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

when it comes to getting a bow it is all about how it feels in your hands.....you need to try a bunch of different models, from different bow lines and then make a choice based on what feels the best in your hands.....take a look into the Ross bow line if you can find a dealer around.....I think they are makeing a good name for them selfs........high quality at a good price....most importantly go to a good pro-shop and have them get you meassured for the proper draw length....

3. papito

papito Petering it since 06

Try to get to a shop were they will let you shoot the different bows, then make your decision.

4. 300

300 Junior Member

I chose my bow going to a site called hunters friend and it tell you a bunch of stuff that would really help you choose your bow, I would highly recommend going to this site before you make a decsion on a bow that you want.

http://www.huntersfriend.com/bowselection.htm

this will tell you info about all kinds of stuff and really help you to make a decision.

5. yea what he said:peace: there is a lot of bows out there to choose from,here are a few sites you can check out:
    www.diamondarchery.com www.bowtech.com www.hoytusa.com and
    www.mathewsinc.com. i dont really care for mathews though not becuase of the way they shoot(they shoot great) its becuase they come out with a new bow and after a couple of years they discontinue the model and its a pain to get parts for it if you need to. other than that there o.k. but anyway check them out it might help you to decide. good luck:decision: and if a pro shop wo'nt let you shoot there bow's go somewhere else becuase shooting or "test driveing" a bow is vital!!!