D-loops ?

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Lefteye, Jan 24, 2007.

1. Lefteye

Lefteye Member

About how far apart should the knots be? on a D-loop
    I use it alone on the string - no brass knock.
    One above one below.
    How about those metal arrow knocks!? - that Chris showed us

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I use a small serving knot above and below the knock then tie my loop above and below that.....seems to work well for me....

3. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

I dont use a loop any more, but when I was I did the same as you...no nock just the loop...

4. bullspotter

bullspotter Senior Member

I dont us a nock set on mine, i pry have about 1/16 or so of movement of my nock in the loop with the bow not drawn. when i draw it their is no movement. Angle on the string changes at draw and it shortens the gap. you dont want it to tight.

5. Lefteye

Lefteye Member

yeah That sounds right - bout 1/16th slop undrawn and, Bowman I like the serving idea thanks

6. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Hey everyone who uses a loop. What kind of loop material do you use ?
    I used a loop for about 2 years and now I just shoot off the string/serving. I had a lot of problems with loop material wearing through to the point I was changing loops every 2-3 weeks or so. No burrs on my release, perfectly smooth. When I went to shooting off the string all of my issues went away. My current string is about a year old and it's still in great shape, but had to re-serve it twice during that time.

Ron

7. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

i am sorry to tell you but if you had to change loops every 2-3 weeks....there was a burr on something.....or there was something wrong w/the loop material

I have had the same loop on my switchback for the hole life of the bow....two years and it shows absolutley NO wear....

8. two_shoes

two_shoes YOU! Get in my belly!

Agree with BOWMAN

I have about 1000 shots through my Alpine and my string looks worse than my D loop. You could try to rub cotton or a cotton swab around your release to look for snag point. I have polished my release dump with a Dremel and some rouge..... really smooth and purdy too.

9. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Yeah, I thought that too but I'm using the same release off my string and I don't have any issues to this day. When I did use a loop I was using this black loop rope. I was black with a white 'core'. The black outer covering would wear through pretty fast.

Ron

10. whitetail99

whitetail99 Senior Member

I read a while back some one using a soldering iron for burning the end of D-loops. I have one of those gun type with a flat blade on it so I decided to give it a try. WAY better It finished up with a flat square end. By the way if you look real close you might see that I tie on a small string {very tight} nock below the arrow nock. This helps keeps the D-loop from slipping up and helps keep it in place.

11. red44

red44 Senior Member

I also use a tied nock above and below inside the loop. Helps keep the loop wide, which seems easier to get onto with the release. I also use either bright orange or flow-green for the loop, better to see in low light come hunting time.

12. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

thats a great idea.....I never thought of that.....