Dad....

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by RedFletchings, Oct 15, 2007.

1. RedFletchings

RedFletchings Member

If you all want a good read, please take a look at this link. It is a story that i wrote a few years ago that got some publicity and was published in a few magazines. You may have already read it....but here is a link to it. The story really came from my heart devoted to the man that made me who I am today and the Dad I am to my kids.

http://www.redfletchings.net/dad.asp

Having a 12 year old of my own that bagged his first deer ever this year, WITH HIS BOW, has brought new life and enthusiasm to my hunting.

I hope that all of you can have as good of a hunting season that I am so far.

Best,

Mike Males
    aka RedFletchings

2. RedFletchings

RedFletchings Member

i love this photo

This is just minutes after he got the big boy. My Dad is the coolest guy ever. You should really read the story.

Mike

3. Huya

Huya Senior Member

That is a good story. Am Glad to hear that your father has taken the time to show and give love and attention to his children. Continue that tradition, Your children will love you as you love your parents.

4. MO.HICK

MO.HICK Senior Member

This is a very good story! It brings back good memorys of my dad and our hunts. I also got to start deer hunting when I was 12. Dad always put his hunting on the back burner so he would make sure that I had the better chance for a deer. Dad has been gone for 3 years now. But his last hunt I will never forget. Me and my son had been bowhunting hard for a 130 inch 9 point that year. Dad got him during rifle season. I was never so proud of a deer as I was that one. The rack sets in the middle of the heads and other racks that I have in my front room. Thanks again for the story and the good memorys you have brought to my day.

Tom