Deer culling ?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by Southernfryedyankee, Aug 29, 2008.

1. Southernfryedyankee

Southernfryedyankee Senior Member

If you saw a sickly looking animal be it malnourished, obvious prior injury causing majot distress or any other obvious tell tale signs that something is definitly wrong would you take the animal then contact the game warden or contact them first and ask what to do?

2. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

Well if it was in Indiana and it wasn't in season you'd go to jail. If it is in season and you shoot it more than likely it will be taken by fish and game and I think it would still count against your tag (I could be wrong) If it was my choice shoot first and ask questions later...:peace:

3. J.C.

J.C. New Member

I personally would just shoot it and not say anything, but I live on a large parcel of private rural property and nobody would ever know it. I wouldn't advise you to do what I would do.......:laugh:

4. jdawg240

jdawg240 BOWNUTS

Id let nature take its course

5. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

I would try to capture it and take it home and give it a warm straw bed and feed it and give it water and nurse it back to health....:noidea:

What a buch of mean areses your guys are.....:mad:

6. NerdHick

NerdHick New Member

7. beenfarr

beenfarr Senior Member

I'd hit it with my car and get a new paint job out of it. :lol: Seriously...I don't like to see anything suffer, so if I honestly thought it was in serious pain and dieing, or had a disease that may infect others I would kill it, and burn a tag. If it had a broken leg or something I would let it be. Deer are pretty resiliant, it would probably bounce back.

BEN

8. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

what would you do SFY:noidea:

9. J.Blay

J.Blay New Member

You made me think.:cool: Maybe I should call now, just in case I'm faced with with that situation.

10. MichiganHunter

MichiganHunter Senior Member

a few years ago i was leaving my parents house and it was the day after rifle season ended and as i was backing out of there driveway i seen a deer. i stoped and looked at it and it was a nice 8 point but it had no lower jaw, just skin floping around. i pulled back into the drive way went into the house to grab my bow walked out and followed it into the woods. i never could get a shot on it and that was the last time i ever seen it.