Do I need a licence to carry my bow?

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by wt_78217, May 5, 2008.

1. wt_78217

wt_78217 New Member

Hello, I just bought a compound bow yesterday. I want to safe WITH the law plus I don't go hunting or something. I just shoot targets at my backyard. I'm new in this group.

I live in San Antonio, Tx

:noidea:

2. phillip

phillip Hog wild

I also live in texas and work in law enforcment, and no, as a law abiding citizen you do not need a license to possess a compound bow.
    but if you are shooting in your back yard have a good back stop and dont shoot toward the houses around you. If you miss the target and put an arrow in the guys boat next door or God forbid someone, having a license is the last thing you will have to worry about. so with that said welcome to the site good shooting.

3. pred8er

pred8er He who eats fuzzy animals

First things first. :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

Now. No, you do not need a license to own a bow, especially in Texas (some states are still free :rockon: ). The only license for a bow is for hunting. With that said, most cities consider a bow a firearm and thus you are not allowed to shoot one inside city limits. You may want to check with the local police to see if it is legal to shoot in you back yard if you live inside city limits. If you are legal to shoot there, make sure of your back stop.

Again, welcome to the site and to archery. Good luck and good shooting.:D

4. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

DITTO

:welcome: :welcome:

5. clemenlp

clemenlp Diamond in the Rough

:welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

Glad to have you aboard!!!

6. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Welcome to the site...:wave:

7. trussoni

trussoni Ninja Fighting Fool

welcome to the site just make sure you can shoot in city limits and have a good backstop.

8. :welcome: to the site, if you have neighbors close by just place your target against your house that way you may be less likely:noidea: to miss what your aiming at:lol:

9. wolf942

wolf942 New Member

bow

In most states you need to have your bow in a case or unstrung when in a vehicle.I live in Kenosha Wi. in Kenosha you can shoot a bow in your yard up to 30 lb pull.You cant walk down the railroad tracks carrying a bow.You can call the local police non -emergency number and ask the rules.You might be able to find them on your local government web site under city ordinances.I used to shoot in my yard but no matter how big the back stop I always skipped one off the top and into the yard behind me.After I shot the biker that lived behind me's car door that was the end of in the yard.The car was a beater and he didnt care.Wolf

10. pred8er

pred8er He who eats fuzzy animals

Lucky you weren't the "beater".:lol: :lol: