Do you mark your glass??

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Hook Em, May 27, 2008.

1. Hook Em

Hook Em Slippy for President

Do you guys mark the glass in your scope? Until now, I have never thought it was a big deal but I took my glass out last night and cleaned it and just put it back in and screwed it tight. Went to shoot today and was not even close to the X!! So I guess I will put a mark on the scope now! I thought I was going nuts or something came loose until I remembered that I cleaned the glass...I was even blaming the finger sling that I was trying to get used to tonight!

2. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

never had that problem before hook
    but it is a powerful good idea

3. JDX--

JDX-- Member

It became a habit to put the lens back in the same especially when using dots some lenses will have a color code mark on the outer most edge and others I will use the laser etched power mark on the lens the 4x for example

4. Hook Em

yeah, my sword lens has writing on it, but my true-spot doesn't :noidea: I will use a marker of some king I guess...

5. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Does that have to do with not having "optically centered glass" ?

I do not have that issue at all. Stinks that you do though... :noidea:

Ron

6. Hook Em

I dunno, but from what I am told a lot of lenses have this issue and that most of the pros mark their lens in some manner :noidea: I don't remember having this problem with my other lens either and I am quite certain I cleaned it a couple times...

7. archeryoptics

archeryoptics New Member

8. watt spurlock

watt spurlock New Member

have heard good things about archery optics, I don't have any lenses from them, but Im sure I will at some time or another. I do have a lot of other types of lenses, the only one that I do not have that issue with is the swarovsky. Was I just lucky with this one? I have eight different lenses, CBE, HTM, viper . Some come close to the zero , and some are quite far off. I do mark them, and they still do not come back perfect. And we all know, perfect is what we want. Not close. Good luck:biggrin1:

9. Hook Em