Does any1 make their own targets

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Southernfryedyankee, Mar 23, 2007.

1. Southernfryedyankee

Southernfryedyankee Senior Member

If so what materials do yo use and will they stand up to more powerful bows?
    Just so every1 knows inexpensive is what im going for.

2. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

I used to get old gunny sacks and stuff them with ol ripped up rags and plastic walmart bags seal the top real tight with zip ties.

Also you can take cardboard lay it flat on a board like a 2x10 2.5-3 foot long stack the cardboard up to 3 foot tall then put another board on top. Drill holes in the ends of the boards then use all thread with washers and nuts. Then tighten down real tight. I shot a friends target he had made like this but I have never made one myself.

I hope this helps you.:noidea:

3. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

I use about 100 card board boxs cut 2'x3' and compressed with 2x4's and threaded rod. works like the block but lasts alot longer. First few arrows are a bare to pull but it gets alot easier after she get a few shots in it.. Local meijers and wallmarts will give you free box's.

4. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

My club makes the targets out of carpet using this method

5. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

cheap target

A large burlap sack 3 to 4 feet at the local feed store cost me $5.00/plastic streach wrap free at my work or saran type wrap you can find /stuff it full & tight & close it up.
    put a deer target on it if you want or like i do blaze orange spray paint spot's the size of golf ball's.
    total cost about $7.50 with paint.
    last me 3 year's shoot the fastest bow's into it after a year re-stuff it.
    two finger arrow remove'll
    i've got a small range with four 3-d deer a turkey & four of these target's.:peace:

6. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

The stacked cardboard works really well and is basically free...just takes some time...A guy I used to work with had a bail like this...and when it starts to loosen up just tighted the clamps alittle more...

7. davepjr71

davepjr71 Junior Member

I'll agree with the guys that made the cardboard targets. They last a long time and are very cheap to make. Just recommended the target to a friend of mine getting into archery.