Donate a Deer

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by tenzero1, Nov 18, 2007.

1. tenzero1

tenzero1 Member

Hey everyone I was thinking of donating a deer but ive heard you have to pay money along with donating it...is this right? It really makes no sence to me considering youve already put enough time and money into taking that deer. If you live in illinois and know please let me know!

2. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

I believe their are a couple organizations that take deer to feed the hungry and needy. Yes I believe one of the organizations you have to pay the processing fee at time of donation. But the other one you do not have too. I will try to locate information for you and post it in a bit.

3. bullfiddle

Here's a link.
    http://www.fhfh.org/Hunters.asp
    There is no charge here as long as the local chapter if you have one in your area has sufficient funds to pay for it. I would suggest that maybe contact a local chapter near you to find out the details. Hope this helps....:thumb:

4. tenzero1

tenzero1 Member

thanks for your help but it looks like im outta luck my county isnt on the list and if i want to donate its 50$

5. bullfiddle

Just do what I do. Find yourself a couple family's that really need the deer and would appreciate it and give it to them. I have about 4 families that I know appreciate having the deer. I give them the option, I can either drop it off at there house or processor of choice if they want it cut up. Just make sure they are willing to take it before you harvest and let them know you could be calling them at anytime during the season. Noone in my family really likes to eat deer except for me so I keep a little for the freezer and the rest I give to families that can really use them. I am sure you can find someone fairly close. If ya can't think of anybody ask your parents to help you....:rockon:

6. tenzero1

tenzero1 Member

Im trying to find people but its hard around here I already have one deer in the freezer and i have given out quite a bit of that meat already but thanks for all your help!:biggrin1:

7. MichiganHunter

MichiganHunter Senior Member

good for you!!! :rockon:

8. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

you know this is a great plan......I may need to start applying for doe tags again.....

9. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Ask at a local church they are always willing to distribute food to needy folks...:noidea:

10. tenzero1

tenzero1 Member

True but i already found 2 people that want a deer so im set

11. bullfiddle

Good for you man I told ya you would'nt have to look to far....:thumb:

12. tenzero1

tenzero1 Member

haha just takes a little persistence:D