draw weights

Discussion in 'Beginners Archery Range' started by bennysupreme, Jan 12, 2008.

1. bennysupreme

bennysupreme New Member

:noidea: due to a shoulder injury i can not pull back 60 to 70 pound with a release, would the 50 to 60 (55) pound range be enough to take down decent size game. thanks for all the help.:usa: :amen:

2. J.C.

J.C. New Member

Yes, it would be plenty. I use a fifty pound bow for hunting, myself..

3. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

45lbs can take an animal down humane. Ted Nugents wife hunts w/ 45lbs. Most states will also have a minimum regulation for minimum poundage. I think Michigan is 45lbs. Take a look at the Monster bows. they have like 99%let off or something. other wise if you can pull 50lbs your ok... single cam bows might be the way to go also.... good luck!!

4. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

yep

I shoot a 55lb recurve it will do the job
    And my son killed a few deer when he was younger with a Browning Micro-Midas set on 47lbs.:biggrin1:

5. Bozwell

Bozwell Rytera Rocks!

Seems to be a swing towards the 50-60 lb bows. Shooters are finding out that the 60-70 lb bows are wearing out their shoulders over time.

A 50-60 lb bow will take down pretty much all of the North American big game animals.

6. Timmer

Timmer Member

I shoot 57 lbs and had complete pass throughs on all 5 deer this year. Shot placement is the important thing to remember. If you can shoot 50 pounds more accurately than 60, I'd shoot 50 pounds then.

7. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Thats plenty of DW, here in IN 35# is legal.